International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Blue copper cockerel group@6 Avgen cross . he is lovely supper chunky a little shorter on his back but that is Ok . he has color ,mass . gorgeous Blue .
P1120688.JPG

chooks man

I moved some birds around today. I am down to only 4 hens to breed from this year. Jolie, Queen, and my two blue copper hens Lemon Blue and Houdini. I have several other good candidates for breeders but I am trying to clear up the muddy eye color some. Duchess is an egg eater so I threw her out. Queen is perpetually broody so it is difficult to keep her laying. The struggle is real.

I have Queen with Dark Angel. She was in with Duke but I couldn't keep her out of the nestbox.

Jolie, Lemon Blue, and Houdini are in with Dark Angel. I know what each hen's eggs look like so I hatch them separately.

Only Lemon Blue is currently laying. :barnie

Last edited:
Here is the cockerel chick from Malika and Dark Angel. One of two eggs I had set before she died. He will have a halo. He is the dominant bird in the pen. I'm hoping that is why his tail is up.

View attachment 2162697

his body type and comb are stunning ,but his copper quality is very bad . not good my friend .
Dark Angel has a good copper ?
chooks man

Here is one of 004 and Dark Angel's chicks, a pullet.

View attachment 2162714
View attachment 2162717

this pullet is a real deal .has all the trait we looking for ,plus gorgeous copper is showing on her hackle . well happy for you my friend.
so 004 and dark Angle are compatible .keep hatching from them ,if 004 is laying .
love to see cockerels from this pairing .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom