International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

My first hatch is 7 weeks old. Black Jack is starting to get color but I don't think he is going to color up like Blaze.
20200603_174017.jpg 20200603_173755.jpg 20200603_174527.jpg 20200603_174144.jpg 20200603_174208.jpg 20200603_174515.jpg

My first hatch is 7 weeks old. Black Jack is starting to get color but I don't think he is going to color up like Blaze.
View attachment 2175639View attachment 2175641View attachment 2175647View attachment 2175652View attachment 2175654View attachment 2175655

he is absolutely stunning . give him a break he is only 7 weeks old ,all ready he has a good hackle marking .some copper showing on his back .he will get there .
plus his body type is sublime . I like every thing about him .

chooks man

True story! Yesterday we went out of town for the day. We come back and some time before dark I check on the littlest chicks. Bella our cat was sitting in the middle of the chicks cleaning her beautiful fur. She had to be in there by that time like 12 hours. She was in the wood side of the shed. The guys removed one of the plywood panels in the back that separated the wood shed from the chicks pen to put the wood from the tree that fell on the house. They hadn't put it all the way back up. She spent 12 hours in there and never harmed one chick 30 total! Wow! The chicks where running everywhere playing.

True story! Yesterday we went out of town for the day. We come back and some time before dark I check on the littlest chicks. Bella our cat was sitting in the middle of the chicks cleaning her beautiful fur. She had to be in there by that time like 12 hours. She was in the wood side of the shed. The guys removed one of the plywood panels in the back that separated the wood shed from the chicks pen to put the wood from the tree that fell on the house. They hadn't put it all the way back up. She spent 12 hours in there and never harmed one chick 30 total! Wow! The chicks where running everywhere playing.

She is a good cat and you are lucky because that could have been a gruesome situation otherwise! Lol

My son's cat, Tom won't bother chicks. He sleeps in the room where I brood the newborns at night sometimes and doesn't pay attention to them. An old broody game hen taught him not to bother chicks when he was a kitten and he doesnt harm any. Mama game hens are as mean as they come. Lol

She is a good cat and you are lucky because that could have been a gruesome situation otherwise! Lol

My son's cat, Tom won't bother chicks. He sleeps in the room where I brood the newborns at night sometimes and doesn't pay attention to them. An old broody game hen taught him not to bother chicks when he was a kitten and he doesnt harm any. Mama game hens are as mean as they come. Lol
Looks like we have good cats. Bella is my least favorite cat though. Actually none of my cats harm them. They lay on my brooder in the kitchen. They watch them and sleep. I have 5 cats. One time the screen had been knocked off and Leopold was sitting inside cleaning himself but not for 12 hours. Lol

Back
Top Bottom