International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I am trying hard to follow this. So this will be my problem also? Inbred?

it is not your case .it is all line breeding but you and @kfelton0002 have different flock .
your line is more advanced ,3 generation from a same flock .no major faults . your line come to the point of splitting it into many families .you are breeding to lock in the good traits from Blaze .Jasper and Nimbus .

@kfelton0002 line is more advanced than mine , she is in stage 2 .from out cross line , plus she is working with sire who has a major fault ,so she can t cross back to him ,she have to work forward and produce progeny this year from a half sibling stock { they share 50% of they genetic make up from they sire side} but they still have 50% different genes from they dams side .that where the magic should happen , new combination of genes .she is trying to breed to fault out before advancing into stage 3 back crossing the line to the sire or Dam .
we are just speculating maybe one of the pullet turn up to be true sister to one of the cockerel .that will give different result .

I have been saying for a while now ,we don t have to focus on method now ,we have to fined a compatible pair and breed from them ,it is more easier and joy to work with .

@marchick there is many many different way of line breeding the chooks .but they have to be line bred to have any chance to be bred true ,free from faults .

chooks man

my cockerels pens . each pen is named after the adult rooster .
pen #1 group#1 Black Mamba mostly his sons . if you like solid black than this is your pen . 9 months old in 10 days time .this guy love they photos been taking .just call them ,they will come .they take few photos and they go as they please .
first one ,they are coming toward me .
P1120722.JPG

now they hanging around me few few min
P1120726.JPG
P1120724.JPG
P1120727.JPG

when they had enough .they turn around and go they own way .no problem with this guys .
P1120729.JPG

lovely pen .great attitude .
chooks man

Chooksman, You definitely have lots of eye candy! Love your Blacks! Beautiful!

thank you .
lot of hard work ,time and cash went into producing them ,but worth all the effort . looking at them now fully grown, does please my heart and my mind . not my pocket hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

they sisters start laying .#4 and #5 did not gain neither lost any point in this area . but a good progress on body type .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom