International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

thank you .
lot of hard work ,time and cash went into producing them ,but worth all the effort . looking at them now fully grown, does please my heart and my mind . not my pocket hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

they sisters start laying .#4 and #5 did not gain neither lost any point in this area . but a good progress on body type .

chooks man
Yeah, My pockets are pretty empty but I have turkeys and Pheasants also. I couldn't even imagine feeding as many birds you grow out. I will probably be growing out about 70. That is enough to feed.

pen #4 group #4 = Zambezi#2 pen . very hard to photograph .new in they pen ,still wild . 7 months old now.
P1120721.JPG
P1120735.JPG

P1120719.JPG
P1120736.JPG
P1120742.JPG

few cockerels in there are from older group . Cuckoo .white and one BLC
chooks man

Yeah, My pockets are pretty empty but I have turkeys and Pheasants also. I couldn't even imagine feeding as many birds you grow out. I will probably be growing out about 70. That is enough to feed.

chicken eat too much .especially in the stage of breeding we are in .just starting lines ,a lot culls .
when the line is fixed the culling stop too. no need to hatch many chicks to select from .

chooks man

chicken eat too much .especially in the stage of breeding we are in .just starting lines ,a lot culls .
when the line is fixed the culling stop too. no need to hatch many chicks to select from .

chooks man
That's the stage I want to be in! I can't hatch as many as you guys hatch. I have a husband that won't go for that. He is already saying why do you need to hatch more.

pen #5 group #5 = Khabib pen . they are interested in photos ,they are more interested in dust bathing .
View attachment 2177848View attachment 2177850View attachment 2177853
chooks man
My chicks think paparazzi run for your life! Haha! Black Jack is not all that friendly even though I hold him pretty much daily. He still runs from me. There is a couple in th last hatch that want to be friendly but won't make the cut. I think Black Jack is the only one up to par out of the BC cockerels hatched so far this year.

That's the stage I want to be in! I can't hatch as many as you guys hatch. I have a husband that won't go for that. He is already saying why do you need to hatch more.

not every one has to do a same thing .we are different .your situations are different . but we all love marans chooks .
good line of BC and BLC is not to taking easily .
if you manage to put that off .you don t need any other varieties . BC is the most advanced marans variety .
if you keep selecting the way you are ,it is only matter of time and your line will be fixed .
20/25 chicks minimum to maintain a well worked line . easy to feed and a lot of space .

for my I have done my big hatch last 7 years .no more . now I have managed to hatch and raise many different line .I have to focus in breeding them correctly .
I only hatch from proven pairs and test mating the new one .

chooks man

These are the three chicks we hatched that are suppose to be French Marans... The middle chick‘s feathers and pattern is so different than the top and bottom bird... anyway this is what hatched out of the French Marans eggs we ordered... all other eggs never developed due to shipping damage. I like the top and bottom bird the best so far, the middle one barely has leg feathers and the feathers look and feel different from the other two... but they are young yet.
7C67B791-106F-4652-831C-BFE0F1F64B24.jpeg
DDEA8D2C-C77C-4D27-8F73-7B3C4D6A34CA.jpeg
C6043A62-F433-4FD6-BB4D-942ACC41ACE1.jpeg

These are the three chicks we hatched that are suppose to be French Marans... The middle chick‘s feathers and pattern is so different than the top and bottom bird... anyway this is what hatched out of the French Marans eggs we ordered... all other eggs never developed due to shipping damage. I like the top and bottom bird the best so far, the middle one barely has leg feathers and the feathers look and feel different from the other two... but they are young yet.View attachment 2180358View attachment 2180362View attachment 2180364

they are good type marans . 2 pullets and one cockerel top one .
Blue pullet in the bottom in a great one .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom