48.3 - Blue Tab (7).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (6).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (5).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (4).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (3).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (2).jpg
48.3 - Blue Tab (1).jpg

@Chooks man
I have tons of pics and the best way I can think of is to post them separately. I haven't named them yet so I'm coding them based on the color of the zip ties. The number indicated their current weight in grams. Please reference that when commenting. I'm sending pics of the wing feathers in hopes for thoughts about gender if you are able to feather sex them. I took the pics a few hours ago. Also, many thanks to all of you for your thoughts and opinions. I really am trying to learn here. At any rate, this is my beginning. I have these 14 chicks (now 2 1/2 days old) along with the one that I hatched a month ago, and the five that I purchased live from Greenfire Farms. I'll get pics of my Greenfire chicks tomorrow. They are just shy of four weeks old.
So here's the first of my babies.
This one is 54.2 - Lime Tab
View attachment 2281282View attachment 2281283View attachment 2281284View attachment 2281285View attachment 2281286View attachment 2281287View attachment 2281288View attachment 2281289View attachment 2281290View attachment 2281291

First I have to make this one clear . Sexing marans chicks with they wings feathers is not a true practice .
for us to be able to sex a day old chicks with wings feathers ,there is condition . this chicks has to be bred for that early showing stage . mean the parent stock have to carry a specific trait in a exact order . the rooster has to be truly bred for Early feathering type .the mama hen has to be bred for slow feathering type .when these 2 are crossed they throw .pullets with long wing feathers double row ,long and short .they will feather up very early at one week mark . all the cockerels will be slow feathering type . they wing feathers will not be as developed as the pullets wing .they will be shorter .

this chicks is 100% correct .type and hatch down pattern , great head ,correct blue eyes . correct stand . Early feathering type .we can the tails feathers pushing out at 3 days . I do not see any faults at this stage .all well put together . Sex I m just going a guess . Pullet
true marans looking chicks .
happy for you for this one ,good start .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom