International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Unfortunately I have to add some water because I live in a semi arid climate at 3500 ft (~ 1200 m) above sea level, only so my humidity is above 15% but below 30% . If you want you can measure your air cells or weigh eggs to gauge moisture loss over the course of incubation. It's all regional, for sure!

very good point . air humidity is not a same every where ,so we must check first .
for me I don t need to add any water to reach 40/45% humidity inside the bator . I always monitor the room humidity .
chooks man

1620259596401.png

@hugene
here my complete comment on your lovely pullet .
Body Type = correct .long and chunky .
Head = good .robust with a thick beak .
Back = flat and long .
Chest = full and deep
Legs = thick ,solid well feathered and colored .well spaced and straight .geat stuff .
plumage type = early type with a complete tail .good .she is showing some mossiness in some feathers ,they should be all black .
Eyes = good
Stance = great well balanced .
chooks man

View attachment 2651848
@hugene
here my complete comment on your lovely pullet .
Body Type = correct .long and chunky .
Head = good .robust with a thick beak .
Back = flat and long .
Chest = full and deep
Legs = thick ,solid well feathered and colored .well spaced and straight .geat stuff .
plumage type = early type with a complete tail .good .she is showing some mossiness in some feathers ,they should be all black .
Eyes = good
Stance = great well balanced .
chooks man
Wow thank you for such an in-depth feedback @Chooks man . She also has a great temperament ☺️. Hopefully she lays beautiful dark brown eggs. I will continue to share her as she gets more developed.

Back
Top Bottom