International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1636679685147.png

@RoosterML
she look stunning in this photo .long back and great tail .
I like the cockerel in the back ,lovely looking dude .
chooks man

Received VIRKON S today. (disinfectant that kills Mareks apparently) Will try and figure out what to do with it to spray down everything.

By the way, Chooks Man, that BCM was dead the day after you said she was sick. Went out there to see how you could have possibly thought she was "sick" and she was laying in the hay, stiff. Amazing that you can tell a sick pullet from one photo. You really are the Chooks Man. My kids even know your name now. Chooks Man the chicken whisperer.
tell your kids Hi from me .
when you learn some thing from your mother you will never for forget it . my mom taught me a lot about the chooks .
I was raised with a chooks .building coops and nest boxes for my mom chooks was my play time.
chooks man

I do like this 2 pullets . they have long tails but that is not the end of the world .they have truck load of great quality . they are true BC no sign of mossiness . wide shoulders . great copper quality and the most important thing they have a complete hackle marking .good head .
just a qulity of they hackle is good enough for me at this stage .
chooks man

My Marans journey has been slow and uneventful. I sold my Cuckoo Marans hoping to get into just BBS copper Marans but unfortunately a pair of hawks have taken a pullet and cockerel I hatched so I'm only left with my Slash copper Marans pullet now. She recently started laying though so I finally got to see her egg colour, nothing fancy but in Aus we are still working on egg colour. Finding good birds and even chicks is tricky in my area so I have reached out to a few breeders in hopes of getting some more hatching eggs
where about are you in QLD ?
I can help you out when the borders are open for good . have the best BBS lines in a country . very dark eggs layer plus correct birds too .
have a look at my thread in OZ BYC , Jose 'marans . I haven t been there for a while now .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom