International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1664327011978.png

this time worked .
this rooster is from Fiona ,my friend who sold me the fertile eggs few years back ,all my marans BC /BLC /Splash/ Solid Black and some cuckoos are from her line .
so this guy is related to my chooks just different way of selection ,he is been bred by Fiona .
what do guys think of him ?
I will comment on him after I see your comment first ,true comment please .
I ll say this ,if I start showing my marans in Australia I don t think any body will win any thing again me .I will take all the trophies home for sure . that is a big ego hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa . no really I know how to select marans to get the best out of them. I have learn from my mama and my Grand mama , 3 generation of marans breeding ,I will not get beaten easily .
what do you think guys let me know please .
chooks man

@Punkybrewster , the pullet in the middle looking @ the camera is absolutely sublime , with a proper comb she is be hard to beat at any marans show at the international level . you have some stunning job with your marans in a short time ,I m really impressed . I remember the chooks you have started with .they look nothing like these one you have now .
marans chooks when bred properly are stunning looking bird for sure . plus they lay dark eggs ,bonus .
chooks man
1664328411428.png

View attachment 3273879
@Punkybrewster . this pullet in the middle hasn t got a leg tag and she is different to the chunky one ,very long flat back and stunning tail impressive, not much feathers on her legs . she is free from any extra fluff around her thighs and tail . nice to breed cockerels from her .
chooks man
love her stance and deep chest too . well balanced .Bravo
chooks man

1664329973945.png

@Punkybrewster ,this girl look very chunky and close to the ground type ,my favourite type very old marans traits ,original . 3 thing are going against her , comb little big ,tail little high and extra fluff around her thigh .
she excel on body type ,very deep chest ,mass, pure black plumage and under fluff , medium to short legs well feathered . well developed abdomen lower to the ground .
I have to think how we are going to breed her . little tricky for sure ,because she is the last one in her line with her brother .
need you to post some photos of you 4 cockerel ,nice photos showing them standing side way like this pullet . I need to see they stance so I can select the best much for her .
we need to keep this line going for the genetic diversity . even if it hard to work with .
chooks man

This is the older group of the 2 hatches I kept this year. They are 6.5 months old and have slowly begun to lay.

I notice these pullets egg color is just a bit lighter than what they hatched from. I am assuming it is because I crossed lines? Their eggs are mostly dark but not quite as stunning as what they hatched from.

Seamus over lines #1,2,3 hens
Most have good copper. The lighting is bad in this coop. I just moved them in so I cant let them out for a few days to get better photos.

There are 8 total pullets from this hatch.
The 4 keeper cockerels I have posted are from this hatch as well.

View attachment 3272441View attachment 3272442View attachment 3272443View attachment 3272444View attachment 3272445View attachment 3272446View attachment 3272447View attachment 3272448View attachment 3272449View attachment 3272450
@Punkybrewster I think I have commented on all your pullets . one by one .
next time post each pullet separately with her pedigree like I do ,it is more easier to comment on them knowing who they are, and they lineage please .
group photos are for the young one not for the adult birds future breeder , I need to know every thing about them so I can advice you correctly .
chooks man

View attachment 3273833
this time worked .
this rooster is from Fiona ,my friend who sold me the fertile eggs few years back ,all my marans BC /BLC /Splash/ Solid Black and some cuckoos are from her line .
so this guy is related to my chooks just different way of selection ,he is been bred by Fiona .
what do guys think of him ?
I will comment on him after I see your comment first ,true comment please .
I ll say this ,if I start showing my marans in Australia I don t think any body will win any thing again me .I will take all the trophies home for sure . that is a big ego hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa . no really I know how to select marans to get the best out of them. I have learn from my mama and my Grand mama , 3 generation of marans breeding ,I will not get beaten easily .
chooks man

I can see horrible comb and wattles. looks like a triangle body to me. tail has good angle but I don't like the shape. I might be wrong. poor feet feathering and a halo (ok, he is blue copper).

chooks man

you can be beaten by a stupid judge. unfortunately there are many of them around.

Back
Top Bottom