International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I ll say this ,if I start showing my marans in Australia I don t think any body will win any thing again me .I will take all the trophies home for sure . that is a big ego hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That is not ego. That is confidence! :) You do know your Marans.

@Punkybrewster You have really lovely birds!

@Punkybrewster I think I have commented on all your pullets . one by one .
next time post each pullet separately with her pedigree like I do ,it is more easier to comment on them knowing who they are, and they lineage please .
group photos are for the young one not for the adult birds future breeder , I need to know every thing about them so I can advice you correctly .
chooks man

Her sire is Seamus
Her dam is line #1,2,3 hens
L25
W150

20220928_201516.jpg
20220928_201414.jpg
20220928_201411.jpg
20220928_201336.jpg
20220928_201327.jpg
20220928_201320.jpg
20220928_201316.jpg
20220928_201307.jpg

Last edited:
her sire is Seamus and her Dam is a hen from line #1 .#2 or #3 ?
she is good in all traits except her comb is weak ,badly designed plus her eye are not bright orange . love her complete hackle marking and the quality of her rich copper .
do not breed cockerel from her except if she lay dark eggs ,you can breed pullets from her that will be fine but not cockerel .
she is not cockerels dam .
she is a pullets Dam , because pullets will inherit a lot sex linked genes from they sire ,so they will not look like her .
chooks man

Oh I like this one a lot lovely eyes and supreme body type ,very long and think ,close to the ground ,lightly leg feathering .
her weakest points are .her comb is all over the place and her hackle marking is not complete .
her sons will be big and thick will lovely orange bright eyes but they will have horrible comb for sure .
I have to go threw all the pullets first ,than I will see witch one we will breed cockerels from her .
all your pullets can breed pullets from , but not all of them we can breed cockerels .
cockerels are hard to breed .
chooks man

we will breed from this one because she is unique , the last one from line #1.
she look better in those photos holding her tail low and her back seem to be flat and long . good eyes too .
her weakest point are her comb and extra leg feathering .. I like the thickness of her body ,solid hen for sure .what colour are her eggs ?
if you have photos of her mama Judith can you post them please ,I want to see what she inherited from her and what she inherited from her sire Seamus.
knowing the mother helps a lot .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom