International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@Punkybrewster ,
here are your 3 hens to breed cockerels from them . we call them Cockerels Dams.
LoveSong L29 W 139.
1664421275671.png

Judith #2 = L 20 W136
1664421602144.png

L 35 W144 ;
1664421850921.png

hope this will help you .
3 hens from different lines with different style .
when you breed cockerels never pick hens from a same line with a similar style ,bad practice ,we need to keep the genetic diversity . very healthy for a long run .
now we need to find the 2 cockerels for them .

Attachments

• 1664421756184.png
    1664421756184.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Im beginning to understand pullet line and cockerel line now.
How you choose each pullet or cockerel for which line is confusing but I see the need for 2 separate lines.
when selecting hens to breed cockerels from them ,you have to make sure ,they need to have bright orange eyes . and great tails. great copper /complete hackle marking and not too much feathers on they legs .and better if they lay dark eggs and are from different lines .

when you want to breed pullets you need to select a best looking rooster . complete body type ,orange eyes . correct copper without Halo . and better if he hatched from dark eggs .
Sex linked gens .= we breed cockerels from better hens ( son s look more like they mothers)
we breed pullets from a best roosters.( pullets look more like they fathers }

if you need more help let me know
chooks man

@Punkybrewster .this cockerel yellow tag is a first cockerel to be penned with a 3 pullets we selected to breed future cockerels .
he is good much for them ;
1664425757845.png

especially he is a great much for a 3rd pullet ,I name her BellaLuna ( Beautiful moon )
1664425966636.png

this pair will produce medium size well balanced marans chooks . they will have great stance and stunning copper large to medium comb .medium legs feathering and gorgeous tails .
royal couple for sure . both are sired by Seamus ,so they progeny will show a lot Seamus traits with a little variation . in genetic we call this crossing = inbred to Seamus from a top and bottom side of the pedigree .
chooks man

yellow tag cockerel mated to LoveSong will produce progeny with large body type ,thick bones ,well colour with a gorgeous copper and well feathered legs .the combs will still be big but mostly nice ,gorgeous bright orange eyes .and stunning tails .
1664426566625.png

LoveSong
1664426627583.png

they babies will be solid and powerful . looking forward to see them in the future .
chooks man

yellow tag cockerel mated to his sister will produce a lot variation ,some chicks will have a lot of Seamus traits others will have a lot of Judith ( grand mother line #1 traits ) that what we are looking for . line #1 traits .
1664426901615.png

Judith #2
1664426965808.png

some of the progeny will show vulture holk . but that ok ,compare to the other great qualities they will have .
if we don t try we will never know .
we call this couple =inbred couple .
chooks man

@Punkybrewster . in this photo I see yellow tag cockerel in the front , the one behind him is the one I like ,I commented on him before . the one on the right facing away from them I think he is the one with a high tail . but the one on the far left only can see his head and neck .I like his comb .look it is free from deformity .the points are well spaced and balanced , the lobe look high and clean . who is he I need his photos .
I think the other cockerel he is not in the photos is the one with a double point in his comb ( M type I commented on him before ) correct me if I m wrong .
1664427506768.png

chooks man

@Punkybrewster .this cockerel yellow tag is a first cockerel to be penned with a 3 pullets we selected to breed future cockerels .
he is good much for them ;
View attachment 3274962
especially he is a great much for a 3rd pullet ,I name her BellaLuna ( Beautiful moon )
View attachment 3274965
this pair will produce medium size well balanced marans chooks . they will have great stance and stunning copper large to medium comb .medium legs feathering and gorgeous tails .
royal couple for sure . both are sired by Seamus ,so they progeny will show a lot Seamus traits with a little variation . in genetic we call this crossing = inbred to Seamus from a top and bottom side of the pedigree .
chooks man

I had a hen named Luna that looked very similar to her. she gave me the best looking roo I had ever seen in greece. a halo and parasitic white were his only faults. I hope this couple will produce faultless chicks.

I had a hen named Luna that looked very similar to her. she gave me the best looking roo I had ever seen in greece. a halo and parasitic white were his only faults. I hope this couple will produce faultless chicks.
@ chickengr how you doing .I remember your BC hen Luna . that why I named this hen BellaLuna .
hope @Punkybrewster will like the name .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom