International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

last friday I had to return deposit for the house sale. yesterday they changed their mind and I am going to take it back. :fl

I don't have room for marans where I live now. when I move I will have more room and build some more coops. a friend of mine has silver cuckoo marans and I know someone who might have fairly good bcm. although I would prefer solid colours (easier to work with). I will have other breeds as well: araucana - rumpless and british, NNs, silkies, dong xiang (black meat blue/green egger), pita pinta, egyptian fayoumi, wyandotte, burbon red turkeys, indian blue peafowl, guinea fowl, etc. when people here buy hatching eggs/chicks they usually want more breeds. they don't care about SOP, they just want eye candies.

last friday I had to return deposit for the house sale. yesterday they changed their mind and I am going to take it back. :fl

I don't have room for marans where I live now. when I move I will have more room and build some more coops. a friend of mine has silver cuckoo marans and I know someone who might have fairly good bcm. although I would prefer solid colours (easier to work with). I will have other breeds as well: araucana - rumpless and british, NNs, silkies, dong xiang (black meat blue/green egger), pita pinta, egyptian fayoumi, wyandotte, burbon red turkeys, indian blue peafowl, guinea fowl, etc. when people here buy hatching eggs/chicks they usually want more breeds. they don't care about SOP, they just want eye candies.
good luck to you my dear friend . thing aren t going that fast for you ,hope you will sale your house soon , so you can build your coops for all the chooks you want to have .
you are going to have a lot different breed ,good for eyes .
good luck .
do you want to have any Geese and Ducks ?
chooks man

You have so much patience.
You have been waiting so long for this. I hope the sale finally happens and you can move to a bigger place soon.

I love your choices of birds.
There is nothing wrong with eye candy. It makes a very pretty yard!

Yes I do like that name.
And named after @chickengr luna is nice :)

So cockerel line is
BellaLuna
LoveSong
Judith2.
yes my dear friend ,we should see some stunning cockerels from them .they will produce pullets too but the cockerels is the one we looking for .
if you can mark they eggs and get to know each hen eggs that will great .
chooks man

I have 7? 8? Younger pullets. You have seen the group photos. Some have complete hackles. They need a few more weeks to grow. Same breeding.

Sired by Seamus
Dames from line 1,2,3

Can I get rid of the original line 2 and 3 hens? I think there are 3 of each line.
Someone has picked up the bad egg eating habit from Judith. They were penned together.

It will give me a free pen to use. I keep them separate because they will molt soon and i also dont want to expose the pullets to egg eating.

I have 7? 8? Younger pullets. You have seen the group photos. Some have complete hackles. They need a few more weeks to grow. Same breeding.

Sired by Seamus
Dames from line 1,2,3

Can I get rid of the original line 2 and 3 hens? I think there are 3 of each line.
Someone has picked up the bad egg eating habit from Judith. They were penned together.

It will give me a free pen to use. I keep them separate because they will molt soon and i also dont want to expose the pullets to egg eating.
yes you can do that . but first I need to se the best hen from line #2 if possable. I m looking for the best comb .
now you have bred high quality pullets you don t need to keep the hens except if they lay dark eggs or have a nicest comb .
because your pullets are not marked from witch hen they come from it is hard to tell Except for BellaLuna .
cheers
chooks man

yes my dear friend ,we should see some stunning cockerels from them .they will produce pullets too but the cockerels is the one we looking for .
if you can mark they eggs and get to know each hen eggs that will great .
chooks man

I will.
There are only a few pullets who have begun to lay. The days are getting shorter. This is causing a delay.

yes you can do that . but first I need to se the best hen from line #2 if possable. I m looking for the best comb .
now you have bred high quality pullets you don t need to keep the hens except if they lay dark eggs or have a nicest comb .
because your pullets are not marked from witch hen they come from it is hard to tell Except for BellaLuna .
cheers
chooks man

I did a big cull late spring/ early summer and kept only these original hens for their dark eggs. I will get photos of line #2 hens.

Back
Top Bottom