International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

those are not square chooks ,some of them are lucking the chest depth that all .other have a cushion type fluff at the base of they tails ,make them look short .
chooks man

20230326_122226-jpg.3444703

@Punkybrewster
this hen standing in the middle looking aways from the camera ,has a stunning long body type and sublime abdomen . deep low and low to the groun d .,deep chest too .
I need photos of her when you have time .she is going a one to help us bring the depth of the body to your line .
she look like she has a complete hackle marking ,long flat back ,gorgeous tail .deep chest and abdomen plus shorter legs too .nice standing comb too ,what else we ask for ,she has every thing .need to mark her eggs and keep her bobies cockerls and pulletsso we can line breed them later .
chooks man

20230326_121758-jpg.3444707

@Punkybrewster
the hen standing in the middle look very nice too lovely long body type .she is not square for sure .
the hen in the front chunky one with short legs and fluffy thigh .she look like she has very deep chest ,herd to tell the length of her body because she is standing side way .I like the depth of her chest .. the fluffiness we can do some thing about it for sure .
all these hens need to be line bred to get the best of they traits and fix they faults .
next year we breed them diferently 100% .
you have nice chooks
chooks man

20230326_121902-jpg.3444711

@Punkybrewster
the hen in the far back she is a little square .but she has very deep chest .low to the ground body type .we have to add some length to her progeny and get rerady of the fluff ,she look like she is sister to the other chunky fluffy hen from cockerels line
select cockerels with a longest body type and mark him .we will use him later even if he has some fault in other area .we need the length of the body to fix this square type .
chooks man.

Here a blue Marans hen with a correct body type long with a deep chest and long flat back lovely small pointed tail. Gorgeous plumage free from fluffiness . Her name is Sahara . She is not as heavy as the other but still make the SOP limit of 2,9kg
View attachment 3445565View attachment 3445566
Chooks man
I see.
What I always thought was just a very full crop is actually a deep chest. Haha

This is not seen on square or v shaped birds.

20230326_121758-jpg.3444707

@Punkybrewster
the hen standing in the middle look very nice too lovely long body type .she is not square for sure .
the hen in the front chunky one with short legs and fluffy thigh .she look like she has very deep chest ,herd to tell the length of her body because she is standing side way .I like the depth of her chest .. the fluffiness we can do some thing about it for sure .
all these hens need to be line bred to get the best of they traits and fix they faults .
next year we breed them diferently 100% .
you have nice chooks
chooks man
A lot of fluff.
Yup. That is to be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom