International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hi to all the readers .
I always say we need to let our chooks to age so we can see if they axpress any hidden recessive traits and to see if they robust / live long/ stay healthy and be able to reproduce.
Today I have one great example to share with you guys.
My solid black Marans hen Shiva ( true sister to a rooster I lost solid black BlackMamba) she is a big solid hen very healthy and productive but some thing happen to her when she finished her 4 th molt( she is 2 month shy of 4 years old) her body start showing rooster traits , her comb become larger, her feet are growing long spears, her back start growing lancet and her tail start to grow 2 long feathers . She is showing all cockerels traits.
Here are some photos of her taken today
238EC349-A61F-4BD3-A3BB-A5D60F2C71CB.jpeg
4220FB60-04A4-411C-A67D-EC7784CCFA1F.jpeg
FD643650-5BAF-4889-A5F9-DD1C695A2C16.jpeg
79ADCB28-B29A-4D24-BA6E-141070F54C91.jpeg
F69B4E1A-4DDA-4D05-A926-899D05F2B29D.jpeg

I m interested to see if she is going to lay eggs this season.
From 50 plus old hens she is the only one who has this body transformation .
Chooks man

Hi to all the readers .
I always say we need to let our chooks to age so we can see if they axpress any hidden recessive traits and to see if they robust / live long/ stay healthy and be able to reproduce.
My solid black Marans hen Shiva ( true sister to a rooster I lost solid black BlackMamba) she is a big solid hen very healthy and productive but some thing happen to her when she finished her 4 th molt( she is 2 month shy of 4 years old) her body start showing rooster traits , her comb become larger, her feet are growing long spears, her back start growing lancet and her tail start to grow 2 long feathers . She is showing all cockerels traits.
View attachment 3526150View attachment 3526151View attachment 3526152View attachment 3526153View attachment 3526154
Chooks man

are you sure it is shiva? maybe she is hiding somewhere.

I know with humans it is possible to get sort of hormonal disorder. but never heard with chickens.

are you sure it is shiva? maybe she is hiding somewhere.

I know with humans it is possible to get sort of hormonal disorder. but never heard with chickens.
Yes my friend it is shiva 100% I have been watching her changing for last 3 months .
I documented a hole progress . Never seen it bidirectional . I have been told by some peoples and red few articles about it long time ago but I never experienced it . Chooks man

Very interested in seeing how it plays out for her, but I hope she continues laying for you. I know she's one of your special girls.
Will be interesting what happen next . I have 2 of her sons very big rooster . They are 3 years old now. Lost all her daughter's.
She is special because she is solid black no many of them out there.
Chooks man

Hi to all the readers .
View attachment 3526150View attachment 3526151View attachment 3526152View attachment 3526153View attachment 3526154
Chooks man
sorry she 2 months shy of 5 years old ,she is August 2018.
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom