Intro and bator/eggs pics

metcalfmk

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Huntsville, TX
Hi all! I am pretty new here, have been lurking for a while. Just wanted to show y'all some pics of my bator and eggs that are currently incubating. Today is day 10 for these eggs, and they are coming along pretty good! They are from our game hens, we have six hens and one old roo, but he still gets the job done!

Here's a pic of my bator, it's an old Brower galvanized model, had to put some tape on a couple of the vent holes to keep the humidity up. I know the outside doesn't look too clean, but I have wiped it down inside and out and disinfected it before I put my eggs in.

ib1.jpg

These are my eggs that are developing. There is only one that is infertile, I will be taking it out in a few days. I marked the ones that i could see some movement in with an "M" and the others with "?"

egg1.jpg

And last, but not least, my attempt at a candling photo. Sorry it's not too good, but you can see the chick!

cp1.jpg

There should be about 8 or so that I know for sure are good, so I will try to keep all of you updated!

Happy hatching!!!

Katie

i thik that was a great candling pic. i know those can be tough i tried it one time. well i think everything looks great you should ahve a wonderful hatch! i ahve to say i definately want to see pictures as soon as those babies are out!

Thanks for the comments!!

I got the digital thermometer/hygrometer? at Tractor Supply, it was 8 or 9 bucks. i like it because it records the daily high/low humidity and temp, so if there is a spike/drop i can tell.

So far so good!

There is a lot of good info on this forum about candling. Just search for it, and you will find out what you want to know. It is sooo cool to see those little embryos swimming around in the egg!

I have two old Brower bators like that in the garage (were given to me), and never used them, but your pictures are great and have inspired me to dig them out and try to figure out if they even work (I don't have a manual). And if either one of them do, guess what I'll be doing?
big_smile.png

My Brower incubator was given to my dad as a bday present, probably 25 or 30 yrs ago, and i don't have a manual either. I just read up on incubating, mostly on this forum, and here we go!

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom