introducing a new person

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
The ducklets are 4 weeks old. So far, I've been the only person they've had contact with.
DH left Attu yesterday as is flying now. I'll pick him up at the airport this afternoon.

Any tips or tricks that I need to know about to introduce him to the ducks, or just load him down with peas and don't worry about it?

Yes of course !!!! first you must start with a formal introduction complete with firm handshake and followed by some small talk about the weather and such, then a dinner invitation is in order. The duck's may want to take him swimming hehehehe
lau.gif

AL

Assure them that he is vegetarian. A ducks greatest fear lies in meeting a carnivore. Green clothing does a lot to relieve their anxieties, and red inspires fear (reminiscent of blood.) Good luck. And good news on getting the husband home!
lol.png
Al is wrong. Can the dinner invitation. It will send mixed messages and cause anxieties.

Last edited:
Peas definitely also my husband held a defrosted corn on the cob when he first met mine aged a few weeks that certainly got him in favour.
big_smile.png

I personally think Al is spot on with the dinner invitation though and flowers are a must
lol.png

This morning he asked "are you putting them in the pen on the deck"
Yes.
I walk out the door with a dish of peas and he has Ally in his hands and putting her in the pen. Blue and Cadbury are hiding in the back of the kennel. What part of "let me do it like I normally do with peas before you have them more ticked off about it than they normally are about it" did he not understand? No amount of peas were coaxing them to the front of the kennel, so I had to be mean and just reach and scoop. Poor ducklets.

Back
Top Bottom