Introducing: BackYard Robots - April Fools 2017

There was an April fools on Facebook about 90 kangaroos being released into the wild in Wyoming.
lau.gif

I remember the Egg Phone and thinking that was the stupidest idea I've ever heard.
lol.png

Hey, don't laugh! The big fear was that it would be too hard to tell them from the female jackalopes since neither has antlers! Also what if the jackalopes and the kangaroos interbred? Holy smokes, it doesn't beart contemplating........the negative ramifications to our tourist industry could be devastating. Folks come from all over the world to see the Jackalope in it's native habitat.

Hey, don't laugh! The big fear was that it would be too hard to tell them from the female jackalopes since neither has antlers! Also what if the jackalopes and the kangaroos interbred? Holy smokes, it doesn't beart contemplating........the negative ramifications to our tourist industry could be devastating. Folks come from all over the world to see the Jackalope in it's native habitat.
Ah, yes... Very good points there. Maybe you could breed the female jackalopes to have orange spots on their rump to tell them apart from the kangaroos?

I KNEW this was an April Fool's Day joke!
But I decided to participate, as this would REALLY be a cool thing to have!!
I agree

I'm so glad to see a mix of peeps that came back looking for what we'd be doing this year and peeps that totally believed it!

It was lots of fun!!!

clap.gif

Me too!, so I played along!
.....but, the one that really got me was the aluminum foil & broody hen April Fool's joke. About a year later I got my 1st hen contemplating going broody. I even taped some foil up in her nest box. Then I kept searching for the article online. I finally found it only to realize that I should have subscribed to the thread & read 'til the end. LOL
hide.gif

lau.gif
Good one!

My sis-in-law fell hard for the Jackalope many years ago on a family vacation. We still bring it up from time to time with an unusual bday card.

I knew what day it was, lol! Plus my 8 year old looked at the pictures and said, "That robot is made of Legos." Haha! The tinfoil broody one was my favorite, too.

I agree

Me too!, so I played along!  
.....but, the one that really got me was the aluminum foil & broody hen April Fool's joke.  About a year later I got my 1st hen contemplating going broody.   I even taped some foil up in her nest box.  Then I kept searching for the article online.  I finally found it only to realize that I should have subscribed to the thread & read 'til the end. LOL
:oops:

:lau  Good one!

My sis-in-law fell hard for the Jackalope many years ago on a family vacation.  We still bring it up from time to time with an unusual bday card.

I used to believe the jackalope thing for the longest time lol

Soooo....

It's not real?

Just making sure

:lau :oops:

I woke up, rolled over, grabbed my phone and went on BYC to see what Nifty had up his sleeve this year! I had great fun watching everyone get mad last year!

Back
Top Bottom