Introducing Broody Hen back to flock with Chicks....

Oh wow.....How awesome ......I just sold two horses and kept my Arabian who is my best friend...I trained him myself...He was 16 on Valentines day.....I also have a rescued mini who is 3 years old....
I have 5 dogs...1 cat, 6 ducks and 11 ducklings..2 Horses...10 Hens, 1Rooster and the 9 chicks.....I am busy all day long....lol...;)

I love animals....Precious creatures.......
We both are running zoos apparently, cool. It's a great way to spend the day.

Yes, I live on the Funny Farm......Happy I have a great Husband that puts up with all of us....!

Yes, I live on the Funny Farm......Happy I have a great Husband that puts up with all of us....!
Me too, mine does all my grunt work and culling or butchering. I get off easy. I know we have elbowed each other in a few posts, so it's nice to get to know you better, we are pretty similar. I also have 1 cat who I failed to mention.
1f600.png

And I have no clue who chickenboi6969 is.

Yeah, I left all the Chicken threads.....Everyone hated me because of my way of doing things and at the end of the day......Who cares? .....

It sure has been nice chatting....I'm a nice person, just a bit misunderstood......;)

Great talking with you......Continue or be done?........

Not sure who that is at all?

Update...:)

I have successfully introduced 7 Chicks and My Hen Crazy Alice into my Flock..They were 3 weeks old....Fantastic....Now they are all 5 weeks old....:)

Also My Hen Roxy was setting 15 eggs....She abandoned the nest at 7 Chicks..This happened on Saturday...I rescued all eggs and a Chick that was half hatched.....I dried the half hatched one in the incubator along with the eggs. I then gave it back to Roxy....Today 3 were hatched so I waited for them to Dry and put them under Roxy..She gladly tucked the chicks under her..:)....One more is Hatching right now and I will pop that under her once it dries.....;)
48 hours between hatches....It works....;)

Cheers!...:)

Last edited:
That's a great momma, you are full of chickens now.
1f60b.png

I've had broodies hatch eggs for the first time and have no clue what they are and attack them. I also have had them take other hens chicks. Adding chicks continuously can be sketchy, so I'm very glad it worked out great. You never know until you try.

I think if a person just does it. And not panicky when the Hen pecks them once or twice?...;)....It works out fantastic....I just took the last one out and she pecked it on the head and then tucked it under her..:).....Hens are great Mothers! I now have 12 under her...:)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yep...I stopped once the 12th Chick went out..Roxy was having a harder time excepting this last Chick...Nothing was progressing with the last four...I tapped all the eggs to hear peeps or if they wobbled?....Nothing..:(...:)....They are Duds......I took the eggs outside and let them cool..:(...

I did not want to raise Chicks...

12 out of 16 is great...:)....The fact I hatched four for her and Roxy took them is even better..!..:)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom