Introducing Broody Hen back to flock with Chicks....

chickens really

I am a legend
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Sep 8, 2015
The Funny Farm....Alberta, Canada
I have read so many threads on this subject.....

I must have the best flock of Chickens in the World???

I put My Hen and Chicks that are almost 5 weeks back into the flock...No one beat my Hen or Chased the Chicks....It is all diet and management....I yap about it lots...;)..I think I am right?.....My Birds are fantastic.....lol.....Try and argue that ?

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have a couple of roosters that care for the chicks too. It's a nice thing to see. Chickens doing chicken things. Sounds like a happy flock.

Yes, so nice to actually see them act and do the natural Chicken things...If a flock is happy and healthy, they do great...

Thanks for responding.....

Cheers!

That is cool, chick aggression isn't a normal behavior in a flock. Chicks should be reminded occasionally of their place but never attacked, or chased. Space, space and more space makes every thing better when it comes to chickens.

Sounds like you flock is growing already. I have a few more months to wait before it is warm enough for me to have more chicks. Enjoy them. It's fun to watch them grow up right in the flock. Thank you back.

I once had a bantam cochin frazzled rooster. His second year, by summers end almost all his feathers had broken or fallen out and he was mostly naked, and beet red.

He earned the moniker the creepy thing. Needless to say he wasn't popular with the ladies and he hid in the pine trees most of the days with the ducks.

A breeder sold me two frazzles before I had realized what they were. Nothing like taking advantage of a amateur chicken keeper. I know better now. That poor rooster was the ugliest thing I ever saw, so I guess I have seen ugly. He was cute until the feathers came off.

Alice is not pretty by no means....She looks like a roadrunner and zips around the coop and run..when free ranging she is so funny...Alice runs from one place to the next....Great Mother though....She is not mean at all with me...Just a talker....

Not all Birds are pretty...They can be pretty awful looking....;)

Last edited:
Yes, I live on the Funny Farm......Happy I have a great Husband that puts up with all of us....!
Me too, mine does all my grunt work and culling or butchering. I get off easy. I know we have elbowed each other in a few posts, so it's nice to get to know you better, we are pretty similar. I also have 1 cat who I failed to mention.
1f600.png

And I have no clue who chickenboi6969 is.

Back
Top Bottom