Introducing Chicks to Hens

It’s a fairly big area, not sure on measurements tho. It has the coop area and then a run attached to it. Do you think that with three chicks they would be able to help each other out? The level idea is a very good idea and I could definitely try that out.
I integrated my 6 chicks that are now 4 weeks old and recently added a 4 day old chick with them. They sleep in my outdoor brooder, but spend the day out with my adults, it's been easy and they are all getting use to each other.

They do get pecked once in awhile but no harm done, they have a large area to run and take cover.

BTW you can use cardboard boxes with doorways cut out and place them in corners or in the center of the run. Great place for them to hide.

20210714_161508.jpg

20210719_111413.jpg
20210730_123554.jpg
20210727_142550.jpg

I integrated my 6 chicks that are now 4 weeks old and recently added a 4 day old chick with them. They sleep in my outdoor brooder, but spend the day out with my adults, it's been easy and they are all getting use to each other.

They do get pecked once in awhile but no harm done, they have a large area to run and take cover.

BTW you can use cardboard boxes with doorways cut out and place them in corners or in the center of the run. Great place for them to hide.

View attachment 2781366
View attachment 2781367View attachment 2781368View attachment 2781369
I love the dog checking that baby chick out and Visa Versa making sure everyone is getting along.
The baby says " What kind of chick are you because your pretty big"! lol

Back
Top Bottom