Introducing hens?

Firbrd

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Virginia
I am reading conflicting information so I decided to just ask. I have a group of 10 wk old girls. They're fully grown and feathered but not of laying age. They're seperated from my older group that consists of 2 Drake's. Is it ok to integrate them all now or should I wait another month or so? They all know each other through a fence. We built a new duck house and I am being impatient getting everyone in there together.

How many girls are in the older group? I'd be a bit leary about putting them with the 2 drakes because of the mating thing. I've got 3 drakes and the 2 young ones are very "active" so I have to keep the old girls separated from them. Maybe you could put some of your older girls in with the young ones and see how that goes.

How many girls are in the older group? I'd be a bit leary about putting them with the 2 drakes because of the mating thing. I've got 3 drakes and the 2 young ones are very "active" so I have to keep the old girls separated from them. Maybe you could put some of your older girls in with the young ones and see how that goes.

The older group has 2 drakes and one hen, the younger group has 4 hens. I got the new group because my ratio was off. Surprisingly the drakes are being very nice to my older girl. She's the boss!

Back
Top Bottom