OfWolvesAndHen

Songster
Apr 15, 2021
In my most recent incubation, only 2 eggs ended up developing. I was really hoping hatch would go smoothly and I wouldn't end up with a lone chick, or no chicks. Thankfully, both had a fast and smooth hatch!

Of my six silkie eggs, only one developed. These eggs were older so I was a little worried about poor viability, but I expected more than one. Fortunately I got a couple extra eggs from my aunt that day, two of which were infertile but one was viable. I wish I had more, but I'm glad they at least have each other for company.

These are Pork and Beans. Pork is the big one. She came from my aunt's flock, Polish/Silkie father and ISA Brown mother. Beans is a pure Silkie.

Now I just hope they're both pullets!

Attachments

• 20220510_210245.jpg
    20220510_210245.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220510_205716.jpg
    20220510_205716.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220510_190933.jpg
    20220510_190933.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220510_163425.jpg
    20220510_163425.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 6
In my most recent incubation, only 2 eggs ended up developing. I was really hoping hatch would go smoothly and I wouldn't end up with a lone chick, or no chicks. Thankfully, both had a fast and smooth hatch!

Of my six silkie eggs, only one developed. These eggs were older so I was a little worried about poor viability, but I expected more than one. Fortunately I got a couple extra eggs from my aunt that day, two of which were infertile but one was viable. I wish I had more, but I'm glad they at least have each other for company.

These are Pork and Beans. Pork is the big one. She came from my aunt's flock, Polish/Silkie father and ISA Brown mother. Beans is a pure Silkie.

Hope that they're pullets! Sorry about the bad hath rate, but I'm glad you got two! :hugs Welcome to the world, Pork and Beans!

Hope that they're pullets! Sorry about the bad hath rate, but I'm glad you got two! :hugs Welcome to the world, Pork and Beans!
At first I thought I only had one viable egg, it wasn't until I candled again on day 7 I realized another was growing. And I almost didn't incubate that one because it was dirty with a mottled shell!

After being prepared for a lone chick or losing my only embryo, I'm happy with any hatch :)

Congrats on your new little ones!! I’m so glad you got two so they have each other! ❤️ They’re both adorable!! 😍

Back
Top Bottom