Introducing myself :)

sandypath

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
I've been on backyardchickens for a few years (since 2015) after a friend highly recommended it. I have read things but noticed I hadn't sent an intro!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I helped my dad with a tiny coop of chickens when I was a ten and loved it. I didn't get my own chickens until ... 2015, I think! We got two barred rock hens and another one I forgot the name of! Only one of the three is still with us.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 29

(3) What breeds do you have? Barred Rocks (regular and bantam) , Australorp, Silkies, Polish, Ameracaunas (spelling?) , Golden sex links, and we were given a box of mixed baby chicks that are getting big now and I still haven't figured out what they are!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I thought it would be the eggs but it is the routine of caring for them and the peace I feel when watching them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love baking and cooking for others but I am not consuming sugar and I'm trying to learn better ways of cooking healthy foods. I write, love using essential oils and sharing them with others and love reading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am married and we have five kids, three Daughters-in-Love, and nine grandlittles, ages 13 to 8 months old! We have three dogs and a cat and they are very time consuming right now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A dear friend who loves this site and I loved it after checking it out and just think it is awesome!

Hello and welcome to active posting on BYC! :frow Nice to meet you.
Isn't it nice how you think, "I want chickens for fresh eggs". Then after getting them you realize that is the least of the benefits they offer you. Non-chicken people don't understand WHY these creatures are so addictive. They truly do bring peace.

The whole gang at Fluffy Butt Acres says welcome to the flock!
I live for chicken TV. Nothing better than the shows our flocks put on.
20190207_162045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom