Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JSerima28, Jan 24, 2016.

1. JSerima28

JSerima28 New Egg

Jan 23, 2016
    My name is Joseph Serima, a Zimbabwean by nationality. Am male,28 years old. Am a Holder of a Master of Social Science in Development Studies degree from the university of Fort Hare in South Africa. Had also completed some MSc courses in Promotion of Local Economic Development; and Agriculture and Rural Development Policy from the International Institute of Social Studies in the Netherlands.
    l have a farm in Zimbabwe and had been motivated to invest in Backyard poultry production. Have not yet started, am still in the process of gathering funds and preparing. l therefore believe that this platform is going to offer me new knowledge and skills for a successful implementation of my project.

Thank you!
    Regards
    Joseph Serima

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016
  2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hello Joseph, [​IMG]

The best place to start is the Learning Center. There you'll find articles on all aspects of chicken-keeping. There's even a separate section in the Learning Center on other poultry such as ducks, geese, quail, etc.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a lot of information available here and a lot of knowledgeable, friendly members.

Good luck to you!

3. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

hello my name is kyndra and my chickens name are brownie blacke wisteria qwewn granite Bea and the ducks are duckduck and peep and peep is a male and duckduck is a female. i need a idea on how keep the water in the coop whitout getting the hay all wet. whenever I put the water in the coop the ducks get all the hay wet. if somebody clod help me with this it wold be great.

4. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Welcome to the forum![​IMG]

5. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

:celebratethanks :weee

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Joseph. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on NorthFlChick; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Joseph. I think the Learning Center is a good place to start. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Joseph from Kenya. I wish you all the best with your farming venture. Based on a couple of people I know here who have gone into chicken farming, it's better to start small and build up gradually, as your experience develops. Maybe get a few chickens now while you are building your capital - it will give you a head start?

All the best
    Ct

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with your girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by