Investing More In American Dominiques

Pics
Perimeter fencing has been restored to higher charge which is enough to back off even a determined dog. My new pup will now have to learn how to get around fence without coming into contact with. This arrangement will also reduce my mowing effort.

I just got a new hand held flood light and it is magic enabling me to see not only eyes of critters in field but also their shape and color. Dogs also keying in on the light as a aid because it lights up the entire field.

I just got a new hand held flood light and it is magic enabling me to see not only eyes of critters in field but also their shape and color. Dogs also keying in on the light as a aid because it lights up the entire field.
One of those 'million watt' things?
They are awesome...have an old one that doesn't charge very well anymore.

This one is of the newer bulb-types where they do not describe them in watts on unit. Nor candles. I will see how is it rated later.
Yeah, maybe it was a million 'candles'.....can't even find mine, should get a new one now that the dark season is upon us.

Despite the exceptionally warm fall without even a light frost to date, the plants are loosing leaves or otherwise senescing. Insects are also down in part because energy from floral sources gone. Chickens not messing with insects by forage so should be able access a dense stock after winter largely spent.

Dog kennels in place. Cover and roosts are next concern.

One of my challenges over next year will be to make so each flock can go between pen / coop and run without using gate I will be using or otherwise get into balance of barn.

Back
Top Bottom