iPod touch, anybody?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SundownWaterfowl, Nov 17, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Im thinking about getting the new iPod touch 2nd generation. Does anybody here have it, and do you like it? How long does the battery last, and how long will it last, 1 year, 2 years, etc.? Also, how much are songs on itunes and how much are applications? Also, is the sound quality good?

My rio ce2100 is on is last legs.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I don't have a touch... I have the one before it. I've used the touch and it's awesome!!! I would go buy one but the one I have now isn't that old. I used my pink Mini until it died!

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I will also be interested in any replies as my son wants one for Christmas and they are very expensive here in the UK

4. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    dont have the touch but have the 3rd generation nano. The songs are .99cents and you can buy TV shows or movies ranging from 1.99 to 9.99. Teh Itunes programs was free to load when I did it.

Sound quality is excellent on the bought songs, but if you self load a older cd or recording the music will be a bit softer.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I have one and I LOVE it. It's pretty (like all Apple stuff) and it fits nicely in my purse.

It's not just an mp3 player. I can go online with it to any website (including BYC) because it has Wi-Fi connectivity built in and a decent web browser, and I can download free apps from the iTunes store to use on it as well.

I like how I can use iTunes to create and edit my playlists. iTunes is extremely easy to use. Some mp3 players make loading a songs a pain in the butt.

I just recently got a set of speakers for it so that I can use it as a sort of "boom box" for the house. I also have a cable to connect it to my car. I use it at work, too.

6. fizzy

fizzy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    middle Tennessee
    Go out and BUY the Touch. It is amazing! I wanted the I-phone, but didn't want to switch to AT&T. So I bought the Touch -- which does everything the I-phone does except make phone calls! It holds all my music, my address book, notes, calendar & photos. It has lots of stuff on it -- clock, calculator, etc -- but you can add tons of applications & games from Itunes -- lots of them are free! And you can get online with it Wi-Fi. You can download song lyrics -- so as your song is playing, the lyrics show up on the screen. You can download books (thousands of free titles) & read them on it. You can download movies, tv shows, podcasts.....It is the best thing I've purchased in a long time.
    Wendy

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I just bought one and will be getting it next week. I own a nano but I needed to upgrade.

8. SundownWaterfowl

I am going to go to best buy this week to try it out and see. It looks pretty nice, but they are so expensive I want to make sure I will like it before I buy it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I thought the price was pretty good. Its half then the Iphone. I might switch to AT&T when I move to NC.

10. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Im cheap. [​IMG] lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by