Irregardless of what you think....

Buff Hooligans wrote:
While we're at it, what's the deal with flammable and inflammable? For some reason I think they mean the same thing?

You beat me to it! BTW, those two words mean opposite things.

I actually saw "non-inflammable" used the other day.
Meaning, it can catch fire. Ya mean, like the same as "Flammable"?

Drives me nuts too. My pet peeve is when people put apostrophes on words when they should be left off because they are only showing plurality, not possion.

Ex: "Banana's for sale - $.49/pound". Arrrggghhh! I'm not referring to anyone on the BYC. When I see it on business that should know better, that's what drives me up a wall...

barnie.gif

Last edited:
I type slowly, and poorly and if my life depended on it, I would still spell certain words wrong. I have certain pet peeves about some words and usage, only because they have been hammered into my head. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt with posts, but I'll ignore things I find to hard to read.

So going with my previous post, according to the mean people who harassed me about correct usage.....

The data show that inflamable posts will self combust, irregardless of content.

Should read....These data show that flamable posts will self combust, regardless of content.

I also think I am the last human in the know universe that pronounces coyote ki yote, not ki yoh te. Why, because my father insisted!

edited for spelling....'cause I said I couldn't spell

Last edited:
Spelling mistakes I can deal with, mostly. The mix ups that make me nuts are the ones that are clearly based on dialect. Sale and sell are not interchangeable. When people say they 'sale' a bird, all I can think of is 'Chicken of the Sea'.

mom'sfolly :

I also think I am the last human in the know universe that pronounces coyote ki yote, not ki yoh te. Why, because my father insisted!

edited for spelling....'cause I said I couldn't spell

Everyone I grew up with around here says it like you do- I moved here when I was little from Southern Arizona, so I thought it was hilarious. They also say 'woof' for wolf around here in some circles, and half the local population puts an 'r' in wash. I'm not able to articulate how this makes me cringe inside, but I know it's MY problem. I don't usually react at all...except with- Noo- cleee-ahr.

Don't say that one any other way around me. I will cry.
hit.gif

Quote:
you could read it so well because you were busy typing a response before you got to the end of it, so you probably didnt notice anything was wrong.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom