Irresponsible owners!

Quote:
They don't care if its legal or not trust me. Ones a fricken drug addict and the other is his father who apparently is blind to his son being an idiot. Yea well I have a feeling if they didnt dump them here well...they would go somewhere else that I'm sure they wouldn't be taken care of at all. People just suck sometimes!

Do they come around often, the people that is? I'd tell them that a cat got ahold of your favorite chicken (if they don't come around and can see), and so you got mad, went ape and went out and shot all the cats, and are going to shoot any other cat that comes walking in. Better yet, have another party like your significant other tell them. Give them a good enough guilt trip and maybe they'll stop dumping them.
wink.png

Pretty simple actually, Start charging $25 a head to take the cats plus they have to bring along a clean bill of health from a vet. Problem will solve itself. Otherwise if you will take them then why won't they bring them. My wife once complained to me about how everyone asked her to do this or that. I told her she keeps doing it. She decided she prefers to keep doing it and and has stopped complaining about it. as for not showing up. If I was going to be around anyway fine, But I would not stay home to meet them. If I said I would be there at 10 then I would be there at 10. otherwise they can wait on me or find somewhere else to dump the cat. If they left and tried to call me for a new time I would tell them they would just have to try there luck i will not set another time for them. I have always been this way and lets just say people show up on time. The entire idea is that you will never want anything enough to make someone else change their behavior. Look for the way to change their want. the behavior will follow.

I about popped a . . . . when my "cousin in law" said that she didn't want her cat anymore "because it keeps getting pregnant"
ep.gif
duc.gif

Well no sh....., maybe you should get it spayed???

I was VERY relieved when my MIL took my advice to take her new kitten to the Humane Society's low cost spay/neuter clinic in our area. I was REALLY afraid that they would be saying the same thing as their niece.

My neighbor has a whole herd of un-altered outdoor cats. At least one new litter every spring and fall. When unaltered cats get in my live trap, they get tend to fatally ill from some kind of lead poisoning...

*coughs*

I've had 19 I believe rescue cats that have been dumped or whatever in the past 5 years or so. Got them all fixed and shots, and found them good homes, or let them stay here, where they are fed and loved.
ep.gif

I only have 4 right now. The others have passed on, or have found other homes. But when we get animals, rescues or not this is a forever home.

We love our pets dearly, and it saddens me to see so many dumped here because we have a 'farm'.

There is a wild one out there right now, that needs caught and tamed down and fixed. Still working on it. Sigh.

We live in the city and people still drop off animals through out town. From gp's,rabbits ,even hamsters and cats they all end up at the pound dropped in backyards, or parks left to defend for them self for stupid reasons like moving. We have a stray cat that just "showed up" five years ago in -30 weather and never left!

Quote:
I'm really no agreeing to take them. The only reason I am meeting them with this one is because if I don't they are just going to drop it when I am not around. I don't want these cats running around my place without me seeing them...having them quarantined and all that. Another reason is I don't know how these cats will react to my birds. So the only reason I agreed to meet is so I can have some control over the situation but obviously that didn't work. It is 8:22 the following morning and I have hear nothing. The two I do have right now are obviously wormy. The ones eyes are kinda crusty. Dull looking coats. I just feel so bad for these guys. They are super sweet. One is a dull orange and white and the other is white with blue eyes.

I understand at least wanting to have some control over the situation.
Here, we have a bad stray cat problem, people dumping them off in TOWN. One of our cats is a former stray.
Last year they had some people come in and spay/neuter stray cats. I think it has helped even though we still have enough that arent fixed hanging around town.
hmm.png

Sigh. Hopefully the people will contact you again with the cat...(or maybe not so hopefully!!) But I wouldnt wait around for them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom