is all hope lost? :(

showjumper_girl2002

Songster
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Florida
i have some scovy eggs that are in lockdown. a few have been moving since day one of lockdown (day 32). it's 9 pm on day 36, one day after due day and none have pipped
hit.gif
a couple were moving this morning but nothing is happening. i haven't noticed any more movement tonight. this is my first time hatching so i don't really know when it's too late to have hope. i'm so frustrated and worried that not even one has pipped yet
barnie.gif
so is there still hope or should i give up
hu.gif

Whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP! im going to be seting some khaki eggs some time this.week it is also my first hatch. If you can very carfully try to candle them again. But I dont know if that would help.

i really don't want to give up or lose hope
sad.png
but since i'm new to this i'm not sure if they haven't pipped by the day after due day if they still have a chance
hu.gif

You're only one day past the due date? Calm down and leave them alone. If they're rocking then that's great. Just make sure your humidity is cranked up as high as you can get it - 80% would be ideal - then just sit and wait. And remember, ducks hatch s-l-o-w-l-y. So once they DO pip, it's still going to be at least another day before you're going to see a duckling!

You can't set it any higher? Hmmm. I didn't know the RComs were designed like that. Well, just cause you can't officially set it any higher, doesn't mean you can't MAKE it go any higher. I suppose you could put wet sponges in, or wet flannel cloths. That should raise it some more. I honestly don't know if 70% is high enough for ducks, but I'd imagine it must be, cause people hatch ducklings in RComs and do okay with them...

ok so since i had to open the bator to put some sponges in i broke down and candled one of the eggs that is still moving. the air sack is bigger and kind of sagging on one side of the egg. does that mean it's been internally pipped? i know he's ok cause i've been watching him wobble around
lol.png
so is that look normal for when they're ready to pip?

Back
Top Bottom