1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

is anyone else a Nativity scene/statue addict ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mojo Chick'n, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Hey all -

I love nativity scenes - statues, pictures, etc... I must have a good half dozen of them (would have more if Hubby would go shopping with me less often [​IMG] )

I just got one today I may leave out all year - it is a tri-sided nativity candle holder.
    I'll take some pics of mine and post them later, but I was wondering if anyone else loved nativities and wanted to post their pics of them here.

Got to go eat dinner, for now, but will be back later to post some nativity pics.

peace -
    meri

2. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    I wanted to collect them but hubby said enough already.

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Our church does a live nativity every year. We are in the middle of farm country so we have plenty of animals to use

4. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:I would love to see a live nativity!!

meri

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

It really kind of puts you in the moment. Very touching.

6. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] well, hubby tries to tell me that, too, but... he isn't always with me when I shop. Hobby Lobby had some fantastic ones (all half off) when I was there right before Thanksgiving.

I have three set up right now (got to dig out the others, I'm still putting up Christmas decorations).

The new one I got today - looks better in person, has a nice red glow to it when the lights are off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One I got at walmart this year -

[​IMG]

One I got at a yard sale - only the 6 small figures came with it, the angels were seperate stuff I had (as was the peace sign hanging in the one angel's hands.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I get the others out (or buy some more [​IMG] ) I'll post those, too.

meri

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

We set out at least...the very least 3 every Christmas. I want my girls to know the true meaning to Christmas! [​IMG]

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I do love them. I set out several every year. I love one my MIL has. It has a place of honor in her china cabinet and is displayed at all times.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm not a fanatic but my sister-in-law is! Her Nativity scene takes up a table that is 10 feet x 3 feet, 30 square feet of it! She has everything from mondo-ultra-expensive items in it to little corn wrapper burros from her home in Zacatecas, Mexico.
    My set was given to me by my grandad it came from Wales with him. It's kind of a ceramic material but the figures are way too big and I'm afraid of breaking them.

10. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Some people may say we're N.s. addicts, but we have so many because people give us them over the years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by