is anyone else a Nativity scene/statue addict ?

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
Hey all -

I love nativity scenes - statues, pictures, etc... I must have a good half dozen of them (would have more if Hubby would go shopping with me less often
wink.png
)

I just got one today I may leave out all year - it is a tri-sided nativity candle holder.
I'll take some pics of mine and post them later, but I was wondering if anyone else loved nativities and wanted to post their pics of them here.

Got to go eat dinner, for now, but will be back later to post some nativity pics.

peace -
meri

Quote:
lau.gif
well, hubby tries to tell me that, too, but... he isn't always with me when I shop. Hobby Lobby had some fantastic ones (all half off) when I was there right before Thanksgiving.

I have three set up right now (got to dig out the others, I'm still putting up Christmas decorations).

The new one I got today - looks better in person, has a nice red glow to it when the lights are off.

ac30e63a.jpg

1e57d4cd.jpg

One I got at walmart this year -

85ae5dc2.jpg

One I got at a yard sale - only the 6 small figures came with it, the angels were seperate stuff I had (as was the peace sign hanging in the one angel's hands.)

564478a8.jpg

df2e0e62.jpg

When I get the others out (or buy some more
lau.gif
) I'll post those, too.

meri

Last edited by a moderator:
I do love them. I set out several every year. I love one my MIL has. It has a place of honor in her china cabinet and is displayed at all times.

I'm not a fanatic but my sister-in-law is! Her Nativity scene takes up a table that is 10 feet x 3 feet, 30 square feet of it! She has everything from mondo-ultra-expensive items in it to little corn wrapper burros from her home in Zacatecas, Mexico.
My set was given to me by my grandad it came from Wales with him. It's kind of a ceramic material but the figures are way too big and I'm afraid of breaking them.

Some people may say we're N.s. addicts, but we have so many because people give us them over the years.

Back
Top Bottom