Is anyone else going to have a hatch on Dec. 30th?

my eggs are due to hatch the 29th , but i think im haveing problems i candeled them last night and the chicks inside are not as big as the egg is that normal , these eggs are from my white leghorn rhode island red hybrid hens and my americana roo

Last edited:
Quote:
Good Luck to you too! My husband was talking to the chicks in the eggs last night when we was candling them and they were responding with movement
smile.png
. It was really cute. You should try it. Make sure you talk kinda loud.

ok thanks , well i didnt see anything like a beak towards the air cell but then again i am using a home made candeler so that could be my problem as well , lol but owell i am still going on and that way i will still be suprised ..... i cant wait

Quote:
I made one out of a large plain yogurt container with black duct tape wrapped around it. I also use one of those florescent bulbs because they don't put out as much heat as the incandescent ones. I would say that it's actually really good. Considering that is is ghetto.

Quote:
So the 30th is your hatch day also?!
lol.png
My hatch day is Jan 6th.

yeah the homemade candeler is "ghetto" but it done what it was supposed to do for the time, but i am purchasing the real thing lol
thanks and i hope your hatch goes well and mine as well...... would love t see some pics and i will get some of mine too thanks.

Yeah I would love to post pictures too! I say this all the time but my EXPENSIVE camera was stolen out of my truck when we lived in the city. I thought my husband was going to surprise me with a new one but that didn't happen LOL. So I guess I'll have to buy a new one. I don't want anything cheap. The last one I had took really awesome pictures. I'm going to try to talk him into buying me one before the hatch so I can take pictures. Luckily when the camera was stolen the memory cards weren't in it.

I'll try my hardest! But feel free to post here.

Anyone can post here I have no problem with that. I love pictures!

Back
Top Bottom