Is anyone else having problems with Purina crumble?

Ra_

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
2 months ago I got a bag of Purina All Flock Crumble that was all powder.
I contacted the company and they said this is because their processors are NOT supposed to bag up the first output from each batch.
They gave me a coupon for a free bag.
That was great but I don't feel like it was a gift or anything.
I still have the powder. I will probably compost it in the spring.

It happened again this week. This bag wasn't quite as bad.
It was about 25% crumble, 75% powder.
Three days ago, I emailed the same person who helped me last time. No response this time.
My only transportation is a scooter and it's challenging enough to lug sealed sacks of feed.
I don't want to try and carry an opened bag back to TSC.
I also can't afford to make extra, unplanned trips into town.
I had to feed this powder this week, the birds picked out the crumble.
I got them to eat some of the powder by making a mash at the end of the day.
I always do this anyway.
I always mix chopped cabbage into their feed and I grew them comfrey and sunflower forage this week, so hopefully their nutrition didn't suffer too badly.

I'm going to the store today.
I don't want to risk buying Purina any more but which Dumor variety is safest for my roosters?
I have a dozen roosters and I've been told that the calcium in layer feed will damage their livers.
puninafeed.jpg

I’ve experience this issue on and off for the past year.

I think rather than deal with that same person again, you call and talk to someone. Is there a 1-800 number on the bag?

I’ve experience this issue on and off for the past year.

I think rather than deal with that same person again, you call and talk to someone. Is there a 1-800 number on the bag?

I really hate phones.
My last call was to ATT, who sent me through 6 people before I got disconnected. I was just trying to pay my bill because they didn't recognize my new computer.
Seems better to cut my losses before I get sucked into that kind of annoyance again.

I've gotten decent results using the Live Chat button on various websites.
Even there you will often get shuffled around a bit but it's better than being on the phone.

So far I have not experienced a problem with Purina, but I am in Texas, may have something to do with where is processed. I switched to Dumor a few months ago and so far all is well.

Back
Top Bottom