Is anyone good with maran breeding genetic

Trullheath34

Chirping
Feb 8, 2024
Is anyone good on here with maran breeding genetics I want to know which marans were used to make the golden cukoo maran and would love to try to breed my own can anyone help with this I love the golden cukoo maran and it's very rare to find and would like to know it's genetic make up

Is anyone good on here with maran breeding genetics I want to know which marans were used to make the golden cukoo maran and would love to try to breed my own can anyone help with this I love the golden cukoo maran and it's very rare to find and would like to know it's genetic make up
I am working on this exact project.

A golden cuckoo is a barred black copper, wheaten or gold duckwing (rarely exist) marans.
The best and correct GCMs are barred black coppers (aka gold birchen).

You need to introduce the barring gene (B) to the birchen pattern (Er) while retaining pure gold birds (s+/s+).

The barring can come from a dark cuckoo marans or a silver cuckoo marans. Silver will be easier but they are much rarer. Many ‘silver cuckoos’ are mislabelled Dark Cuckoos.
And the birchen and gold will come from black coppers.
You need both to breed GCMs from scratch.
I am planning a couple of breeding programmes to choose the optimum one, I will update you with these in a while.

How many breeding pens and birds would you be willing to have, so I can send the most ideal breeding programme to you?

hope this is helpful, feel free to ask more questions.

I am working on this exact project.

A golden cuckoo is a barred black copper, wheaten or gold duckwing (rarely exist) marans.
The best and correct GCMs are barred black coppers (aka gold birchen).

You need to introduce the barring gene (B) to the birchen pattern (Er) while retaining pure gold birds (s+/s+).

The barring can come from a dark cuckoo marans or a silver cuckoo marans. Silver will be easier but they are much rarer. Many ‘silver cuckoos’ are mislabelled Dark Cuckoos.
And the birchen and gold will come from black coppers.
You need both to breed GCMs from scratch.
I am planning a couple of breeding programmes to choose the optimum one, I will update you with these in a while.

How many breeding pens and birds would you be willing to have, so I can send the most ideal breeding programme to you?

hope this is helpful, feel free to ask more questions.
About 15 birds are so eventually

About 15 birds are so eventually
What would the coop arrangement be? The best plan involves 3 pens/coops but I understand this is not manageable for all.
Do you have any marans already? What is your tolerance of roosters?

Sorry for all the questions, but they are necessary so I can match you to the right breeding strategy.

Also, where are you based if you don’t mind, just so I can see if I know any good marans breeders in your area for good quality foundation birds.

What would the coop arrangement be? The best plan involves 3 pens/coops but I understand this is not manageable for all.
Do you have any marans already? What is your tolerance of roosters?

Sorry for all the questions, but they are necessary so I can match you to the right breeding strategy.

Also, where are you based if you don’t mind, just so I can see if I know any good marans breeders in your area for good quality foundation birds.
I'm located in pickens s.c yes I have 1 golden cukoo close to laying age and I have 3 chicks I will be expanding here soon I have like 7 coops but working on other projects aswell lol I'd want to maybe start out in a couple of trios to help mange the breeding better the other breeding I do is done differently but to do this task I'd want to rotate the roos with different hens to keep the line fresh

Back
Top Bottom