Is Anyone Hatching on March 13th??

I took it out and put my ear up to it...heard nothing...so then I picked off the shell where it had pipped and it was not moving...I gently started to peel away the shell and it was very obvious that it had died...Just don't know why!

Hope your babies are all doing ok!

ok, unfortunetly the hatched chicks rolled a couple of the eggs so i cant see the pip on one of them.
i just took two out as quick as i could. humidity dropped a few points but its still about 70%... hope i didnt do anything to mess them up!!!

another question - is shavings ok to use right away on the floor for the chicks?

Some people put shavings with paper towels over them...I just use disposable incontinence pads from Sams club that are 24 xv36...Spread them out and put a handful of food down on them for the babies to learn to eat until they find the dish...I like them while they are young because all I have to do is roll them up and toss them...And they are absorbent...When they get older I switch to shavings, by that time they know not to eat the shavings!

ok, no pips yet that i can see but someone in there is CHIRPING!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
at least now i know i havent managed to kill them somehow!!!

so far I have 20 hatched and doing just fine, and there are 3 more that have deff pipped, and working on zipping...not sure if the others will be making it or not, but today is only day 20. I'm not giving up yet
smile.png

Will post pics VERY soon
big_smile.png

Speckledhen- awwww! HE's sooo cute!!!! You're making me jealous that mine haven't come yet lol!

I think min will be all orange though, mom is orange and dad is orange with a green tail. I want a black one....

So far, in the house we have 1 EE hatched, 1 porcelain d'uccle, 4 silkies, and a barnevelder.

Outside in the henhouse, there are at least 3 porcelain d'uccles, 1 bantam EE (definitely one, wasn't sure if the second one made it or not), and 3 large-fowl mystery chicks/mutts/barnyard blends.

None of the EE project eggs or BCMs have done anything yet. Still waiting, but those were the ones caught in the day-late hiccup. So were most of the barnevelder eggs, and the only one that had been in the other bator has already hatched. I'm expecting I'll start seeing some of the barnies/EEs/FBCMs tomorrow or the next day.

I think I'm gonna move the hatchlings out of the bator and into the brooder tomorrow after work. I'm stealing the d'uccles from Olga outside.. that'll probably make her mad, but they are really small and could get hurt/trampled on by the big hens out there so in the brooder they go.

She'll still have 4 or 5 other chicks to raise. She'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom