Is anyone hatching RIGHT NOW & Thru the weekend - I have to show off my baby!!!

HennyPenny99 I noticed the sponges please explain. We put water in the incubator, should we be putting wet sponges.
klm

Just started a 30 lavender Guinea eggs & 8 salmon faverolle eggs today at noon can't wait for my 1 St hatching of these breeds. Wish me luck please this is a new trip in raising my babies babies. :)

HennyPenny99 I noticed the sponges please explain. We put water in the incubator, should we be putting wet sponges.
klm

That was someone else's picture but you can put sponges in if you need to. Sometimes it is hard to get that humidity up high enough during lockdown even when you fill all of your water reservoirs up. I have seen people use sponges or extra pans of water. I never seem to have a clean sponge so I throw in a warm wet wash cloth in mine when I can't get my humidity up high enough.

Also if you have to open the incubator during lockdown it will help if you keep a water bottle handy and mist a few squirts before you close it up. I usually have a hard time getting my humidity high enough then when one or two hatch out the humidity skyrockets.

Just started a 30 lavender Guinea eggs & 8 salmon faverolle eggs today at noon can't wait for my 1 St hatching of these breeds. Wish me luck please this is a new trip in raising my babies babies.
smile.png

Good Luck! I think guineas are easier to incubate than chickens. I guess it's because guineas are so tough. Once I was playing musical incubators with my eggs and I forgot a guinea egg I had set in an egg carton for 2 hours! The egg was on day 21 and I had read wrong thinking it was lockdown time. So I took it out and put it in the carton while I turned my other eggs and was going to put it back on the turner for a few more days. Well it sat out for 2 hours getting cold in my bedroom which is around 76 but I kept on incubating anyways and now I have a heatlhy little guinea. The one in my first picture.

I won't be incubating any more guineas for awhile now. All my girls are going broody. I went to gather yesterday from the nest and I had 3 hens sitting on it and 2 males guarding them.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom