Is bumble foot common? Worried about rooster!

Thanks! I like the young fella, he's around 9 months, but he's doing well. Yeah, he's pretty too, sometimes I think he knows it. He's very calm and doesn't seem to mind being handled. We shall see what happens when spring arrives;)

Well you do want to capture his wings, but not so tightly he can't breath well. He's going to be stressed for sure.

Thanks for the video! I knew the lungs was located on their back and I was scared of that as well. Im more scared of hurting him than I am of him hurting me I think lol! Oh them roosters know they are gorgeous, I can tell that frank thinks he is everything. Why is spring when their true attitude comes out BC of roosterly hormones?

Thanks for the video! I knew the lungs was located on their back and I was scared of that as well. Im more scared of hurting him than I am of him hurting me I think lol! Oh them roosters know they are gorgeous, I can tell that frank thinks he is everything. Why is spring when their true attitude comes out BC of roosterly hormones?
Well, the lungs are on the back, but they also have all those air sacs too!
You won't hurt him, he will be fine, just go slow. He can tell if you are anxious, so get yourself in a good frame of mind before you start to handle him.

Spring is for Spring Chicks!!! haha That's mating season though sometimes you can't tell, seems like they dance and mate all year long;)

Well, the lungs are on the back, but they also have all those air sacs too!
You won't hurt him, he will be fine, just go slow. He can tell if you are anxious, so get yourself in a good frame of mind before you start to handle him.

Spring is for Spring Chicks!!! haha That's mating season though sometimes you can't tell, seems like they dance and mate all year long;)
That's when my rooster really gets wild , he has been doing his mating dance and I thought he must not be too much in pain :rolleyes: oh I'm a nervous wreak, and I try so hard not to show it. But I think he picks up on it ugh. Successfully got another aspirin in that tiger just now :celebrate

Last edited:
Screenshot_20181213-101105.png
I just got this. Only b- complex I could find. Will it work? I think its b-complex.....Has a lot of b vitamins

Last edited:
You guys, I think I may have another issue with my rooster. His crow sounds terrible almost hoarse like. I noticed this two days ago, and thought maybe it was the cold temps. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Last edited:
That's when my rooster really gets wild , he has been doing his mating dance and I thought he must not be too much in pain :rolleyes: oh I'm a nervous wreak, and I try so hard not to show it. But I think he picks up on it ugh. Successfully got another aspirin in that tiger just now :celebrate

View attachment 1614992 I just got this. Only b- complex I could find. Will it work? I think its b-complex.....Has a lot of b vitamins

You guys, I think I may have another issue with my rooster. His crow sounds terrible almost hoarse like. I noticed this two days ago, and thought maybe it was the cold temps. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
The B-12 Can you post a picture of the back of the bottle? Does it contain just B12 and K or does it list things like B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and so on?

You can't be nervous, he will pick up on that, then he will get nervous!

Well, has he been crowing a lot? When you and your hubby gather him up, give him a thorough examination. Beak to tail and everything in between.

The B-12 Can you post a picture of the back of the bottle? Does it contain just B12 and K or does it list things like B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and so on?

You can't be nervous, he will pick up on that, then he will get nervous!

Well, has he been crowing a lot? When you and your hubby gather him up, give him a thorough examination. Beak to tail and everything in between.
From what we could tell he seems fine, but his leg feels wamer than his other and bigger in the lower leg area. Tender too! We looked him over has much as he would tolerate. It was dusk out. He was scared this time not mad. I Feel bad for him, as far as the crowing, he doesn't seem to be doing no more than usually. I hope he doesn't have a repertory infection. Can fresh straw cause irritation?

Back
Top Bottom