Is BYC getting so big my questions are lost in the shuffle!

I read through a few of your most recent topics and did notice a trend. In your original post, you generally gave very little information, so the people who responded, asked you a few questions to clarify and try to narrow down your question. You did not respond to any of them! If people take the time to respond to you and ask you questions and you don't respond to them, how can you get an answer to your question?

Quote:
Well, that's just silly!
tongue.png
I don't know what section you were in or who told you that, but I've never heard of such a thing. I'd just ignore that...that type of person isn't going to be helpful anyway. There are many old-timers and newcomers on this forum with a wealth of info and an eagerness to share it...I've never had one problem getting info even when I was a newcomer. I'm sorry that you had that experience...they should be ashamed.

Might be a good idea to read threads on the subject and see who is giving good, common sense answers and then PM them instead of approaching any clique-y types. I realize there are certain groups on here that seem to band together but if you are looking for real information, you usually won't find it from those types of groups. Real chicken people are usually very generous with their time and knowledge base.

Well Bee You may be shocked at my response to this but here it is:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

As to information quality. I think part of it is asking in the right section of the forum. Starting a thread about chicks and then asking a serious question about a specific breed on the same thread will not yield the same results as asking in the breeds section. I do know many experienced people tend to stick to one section of the forum and that is it.

Rare to find old time breeders, show people, people into genetics and show judges that hang out here in a number of the sections. So as much as it is important to be clear in your question, it is just as important to ask it in the right section. Or to look up a related breed thread and ask it there.

Just using the breed thing as an example.

Interesting to note that in some cases you find long term poultry people tend to stick to a few threads concerning their point of interest and don't venture far from that. So many times you have to actively search them out and ask in the right place.

I think everyone's made good points here already, but I just want to add:
I've used the "search" option and the sticky's and found very useful info. And by reading through older threads I've found other members already asked some of my questions so I had the answers there already.
There is something you need to keep in mind when you post: you are the one with the hen/roo/egg. The only info on the forum is what you put on there. You have to give a good description, as much info as possible, even post a pic if you want an answer to your qeustion. Unless we know what we're dealing with, we can't help!

I like that BYC has a lot of members and that the forums move fast. There is always something new to read. When I have a question I do use the search and found if you use the drop down to search Topic and subject only it will give good results.

There are so many post going all the time I know I skip over ones that aren't descriptive because there are so many others that attract my interest.

I also think BYC has fantastic members with a huge pool of people and knowledge. I love you guys!
love.gif

Quote:
Well, that's just silly!
tongue.png
I don't know what section you were in or who told you that, but I've never heard of such a thing. I'd just ignore that...that type of person isn't going to be helpful anyway. There are many old-timers and newcomers on this forum with a wealth of info and an eagerness to share it...I've never had one problem getting info even when I was a newcomer. I'm sorry that you had that experience...they should be ashamed.

Might be a good idea to read threads on the subject and see who is giving good, common sense answers and then PM them instead of approaching any clique-y types. I realize there are certain groups on here that seem to band together but if you are looking for real information, you usually won't find it from those types of groups. Real chicken people are usually very generous with their time and knowledge base.

Well Bee You may be shocked at my response to this but here it is:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

Awwww, now that didn't hurt a bit, did it?
big_smile.png
Every squirrel finds a nut now and again....and some years I post at least one good idea, huh?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom