Is BYC having performance issues?

AllenK RGV

Chicken Addict
Jul 23, 2017
Deep South Texas Laureles,TX 10A
I get 65-75mbps download speeds and lately this site is acting slow. Occasionally just taking about 1 minute just to add a like to peoples posts. Frequently, I get transported back to 1995 waiting for an image to download. What gives? Neither my system nor my connection speeds and speedtest results have changed. Issue has been off and on for about 2 weeks-1 month.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I just reran my speedtest results and I do only have half of my normal speeds(after a full modem reset), regardless for the limited capacity that should be required for this page and only one connected device this should be smooth sailing for BYC.
1604040565609.png

Hi, sorry you're having this issue.

1) Read this thread on how to troubleshoot and report issues:https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-troubleshoot-report-problems.1173246/

2) If the troubleshooting tips don't help, start a new thread and please include as much detail as possible about your problem, for example:

• Are you on a computer, tablet, phone.
• If phone / mobile, which model? If computer, which operating system and version?
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Chrome 58.0.3029, Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 8, etc.)
• Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
• Have you tested a different browser (this helps us isolate if the problem is browser related or not)?
• What EXACTLY did you do? Document the steps you took before having the problem.
• Copy/Paste the exact error message you received (screenshots are best).

Thanks, and we look forward to getting your problem fixed!

1604046881068.png

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Also experience the same issues under the Default Microsoft browser. History cache, cookies and everything else get flushed when I exit my Chrome browser.

1604047080830.png

I also run Malwarebytes Premium and all Microsoft Security features on at all times.

System state at Idle with BYC opened in Chrome in the background:
1604047652111.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom