Is corn bad

May 16, 2022
Sorry if this is dumb question... I get these adds on Instagram for a type of chick food that says "no fillers like corn and soy". This product looks great peas and other grains and some sort of insects. The"chick feed" i got from our feed store, which they bag them selves looks like it has corn among other stuff in it. My question is is the Boujee fancy feed better? It's way more expensive.

Like neo said, it’s like candy. It’s filler. There are better fillers out there and you are seeing that you have to pay for them. Corn is plentiful and readily available. But corn isn’t BAD for chickens. Depending on their diet, corn based feed isn’t necessarily bad. Mine eat fee with corn in it, they also free range and get kitchen scraps, so the percentage of their diet that corn would make up is less so I see that as acceptable.

And feeds using corn have been used for a long long time so it may not be the best but it works. It’s up to you and how you want to treat your birds and what fits your budget.

Like neo said, it’s like candy. It’s filler. There are better fillers out there and you are seeing that you have to pay for them. Corn is plentiful and readily available. But corn isn’t BAD for chickens. Depending on their diet, corn based feed isn’t necessarily bad. Mine eat fee with corn in it, they also free range and get kitchen scraps, so the percentage of their diet that corn would make up is less so I see that as acceptable.

And feeds using corn have been used for a long long time so it may not be the best but it works. It’s up to you and how you want to treat your birds and what fits your budget.
Thanks that what i was thinking It's been used forever. We used to give our old flock chicken scraps too.

Back
Top Bottom