Is fibro a gene that can be diluted?

Curious, why do you want to dilute it? I have one FIBRO EE and i want his black skin to pass to his babies sooo bad (i havent bred him yet). Just logically thinking, will it dilute if you bred them with a white skinned chicken? Sorry i have more questions than answers lol

Curious, why do you want to dilute it? I have one FIBRO EE and i want his black skin to pass to his babies sooo bad (i havent bred him yet). Just logically thinking, will it dilute if you bred them with a white skinned chicken? Sorry i have more questions than answers lol
I do not want it diluted, i just don’t want to advertise them later as fibro if it is diluted. I honestly don’t know too much about the fibro gene, we only got these two little guys to keep our other chick company

I do not want it diluted, i just don’t want to advertise them later as fibro if it is diluted. I honestly don’t know too much about the fibro gene, we only got these two little guys to keep our other chick company
Oh gotcha! That makes sense. Sorry I cant help ya here. I am curious what others who have bred FIBROs say tho!

Share some pics! Your avatar is lovely!

If you want to breed them, you probably don’t want to breed the 3/4 Ayam Cemani-1/4 Barred Rock to anything other than good quality Ayam Cemani.

I kinda understand the 25% Barred Rock situation. It was either an accident or could be intentional to put some weight on the melanistic birds.

I can't claim to understand the genetics to fully answer a question but the grey chicken carcass is 1/4 Ayam Cemani. Looks to me like it can be diluted. When a Fibro male breeds with a non fiber female then the offspring females will have the Fibro Trait and males will not. So the gene is sex linked but that's the extent of my experience with breeding with the trait.

There are lots of fibro project breeds out there with varying shades of back/grey/blue skin. Case in point is the Mosaic breed which is still relatively new but has widely different amounts of fibro getting passed on. Backyard breeders hoping to raise their own flocks have been posting pics of birds with very yellow shanks considering their parents both have deep blue. And there are tons of people crossbreeding with Ayam Cemani who end up with willow to yellow shanked birds all over my local FB poultry page.

Your birds will still carry the genes for fibro though, so you can still advertise that if they breed smartly and back to another f1 carrier then they can strengthen the color in future hatches... but I'm still in the process of doing this myself so we'll see if all I'm doing is blowing smoke XD

I can't claim to understand the genetics to fully answer a question but the grey chicken carcass is 1/4 Ayam Cemani. Looks to me like it can be diluted. When a Fibro male breeds with a non fiber female then the offspring females will have the Fibro Trait and males will not. So the gene is sex linked but that's the extent of my experience with breeding with the trait.

So the FIBRO Gene will go to the female babies? I am about to breed my FIBRO EE Roo, and was praying the gene would pass to his offspring

So the FIBRO Gene will go to the female babies? I am about to breed my FIBRO EE Roo, and was praying the gene would pass to his offspring
From experience the females will get the gene. I never processed the females to see if the color is diluted on the females with such a cross. I processed the males from these crosses and they had the typical meat color we are accustomed to.

Back
Top Bottom