Is Green Poop Normal for Quail Chicks?

Little Byrd

Chirping
Dec 25, 2015
Georgia
Hi, my coturnix Quail have been hatching since 2am yesterday. Most have been healthy, one I had to cull because it's legs were deformed, and one died in the incubator soon after hatching for some reason. But I just pulled a new hatchling out of the incubator, and when I picked him up he released this green goop out of his butt that I assume is poop. It is neon green and very slimy like mucus. At least 1 or 2 other quail are pooping this green stuff, but they are energetic and eating well. Is this green goop normal? Also, today is day 17 for the eggs, and about 30 out of 94 have hatched so far, is that normal as well?

I've never owned quail before but I've hatched chicks and ducks before. Their poop is always green and slimy but turns brown like normal after a few days. I'm sure all your quail's poop is green and I'm sure they're fine. :)

-Jet

I've never owned quail before but I've hatched chicks and ducks before. Their poop is always green and slimy but turns brown like normal after a few days. I'm sure all your quail's poop is green and I'm sure they're fine. :)

-Jet

Great! Thanks, one less thing to worry about

Back
Top Bottom