Is is just me or are the Andelusians the hardest to herd?

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have many chickens, and one blue Andelusian hen. She is always the last one in the coop and always tries to be "clever" and find different ways to avoid going in at night. She is what I call a "poop", even though her real name is Howdy.

I have 3 Andalusians left. They are 11 years old (they laid eggs this past Spring, I am wondering if they will lay this coming Spring). They have always been flighty, hard to catch, hard to treat, very independent and bossy. Mine are very good at putting themselves to "bed" every night.

I had one BA who was the only hen laying in the middle of winter and she was old. I actually have this hen, not because BA's were my favorite, but because I like the color of the feathers and the egg color too.

Last night I was putting my hens away, my clever "Howdy" decided she was going to be the last one in again, I bent down to pick her up, and she squaked and flapped her wings hitting me in the face and all over, I grabbed her mid flap, off my face, by a wing and a leg then tossed her in the coop. My face stung for about 25 min. This morning she was just sitting in the nest box. It is a shame all my other birds love me.

I feel you, you ought to see my struggles every time I have to give my 3 Andalusians a wormer shot (which is about every 4 mos) I go to their coop right before daybreak and I swear they can see in the dark. It's flying everywhere making all sorts of dust an ruckus

ban.PNG

She is to the front.

She decided to play ring-a-round the chicken coop during a blizzard tonight. I had to get her put away though because it will be -19 tonight.

Back
Top Bottom