Is it a reoccurring bumblefoot or just a scar from the surgery?

Bokkiluvr

Hatching
May 20, 2023
Hi everyone :)
In March I had to do surgery on all 7 of my chicken's feet for the second time (first time was back in Fall of '22) because they had bumblefoot. Unfortunately there is no poultry vet near me so I had to rely on articles and YouTube videos on how to proceed with the surgery procedures. First bumblefoot surgery I managed to take out some kernels but then when I did the second surgery in March, there was NONE. Underneath the scab was some just some flesh, no puss or kernels.

Over the past few months I noticed they've all been getting black scabs on the bottom of both their feet, so I have just been spraying Veterycin and doing Epsom salt bath here and there.
As of lately the scab is getting thicker, almost "callus" like.
I'm not sure if it IS actually reoccurring bumblefoot or if it's just scarring from the excisions.
Also not sure if I should do surgery again because then that would make it three surgeries in less than a year. Poor chickies.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Hi everyone :)
In March I had to do surgery on all 7 of my chicken's feet for the second time (first time was back in Fall of '22) because they had bumblefoot. Unfortunately there is no poultry vet near me so I had to rely on articles and YouTube videos on how to proceed with the surgery procedures. First bumblefoot surgery I managed to take out some kernels but then when I did the second surgery in March, there was NONE. Underneath the scab was some just some flesh, no puss or kernels.

Over the past few months I noticed they've all been getting black scabs on the bottom of both their feet, so I have just been spraying Veterycin and doing Epsom salt bath here and there.
As of lately the scab is getting thicker, almost "callus" like.
I'm not sure if it IS actually reoccurring bumblefoot or if it's just scarring from the excisions.
Also not sure if I should do surgery again because then that would make it three surgeries in less than a year. Poor chickies.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom