Is it a rooster or a hen?

senorita sandra

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
When I originally purchased these chickens I was told they where hens cause they where leghorns. Now I am unsure cause they have a lot of rooster like qualities. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thank you!!

Our Leghorns are getting their wattles and are almost as red. They're not exactly pet type personalities either. At least ours! So the rest of him/her would help a lot!

Our Leghorns are getting their wattles and are almost as red. They're not exactly pet type personalities either. At least ours! So the rest of him/her would help a lot!
Leghorns are usually a more uptight high strung breed, but i do have a rose comb brown leghorn that is a lap chicken and never leaves me alone.

Not all our chickens where purchased at the same time and for over a month we have had 3 eggs on a daily basis. Very good size eggs. I'll take more detailed pics first thing in the morning, so we can know for sure. Thank you all for your help!

Ours are not lap chickens by no means and can be a little testy. My little girl seems to have a way with them though, so they don't give us to bad of temperament issues.

Back
Top Bottom