Is it alright to Age in Cooler instead of Fridge ?

LJMcGee

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
First I'd like to thank everyone. I've learned so much on here. Went from cleaning pheasants & ducks that I hunted to doing my first batch of meat chickens. It was a lot easier than I thought & after the first bird I went thru them quickly. I used my rotomolded cooler which is 150qts. and put a lot of ice in there. Drained all the water out of it after Ice Bathing them and set them on top of the ice, I read on here its best to age them in the fridge for 3 days prior to freezing them. I don't have much fridge space but have multiple freezers. The ice in the cooler will last for multiple days. Can I age them in the cooler instead of using up all my fridge space or would it be too cold ? Thanks

First I'd like to thank everyone. I've learned so much on here. Went from cleaning pheasants & ducks that I hunted to doing my first batch of meat chickens. It was a lot easier than I thought & after the first bird I went thru them quickly. I used my rotomolded cooler which is 150qts. and put a lot of ice in there. Drained all the water out of it after Ice Bathing them and set them on top of the ice, I read on here it’s best to age them in the fridge for 3 days prior to freezing them. I don't have much fridge space but have multiple freezers. The ice in the cooler will last for multiple days. Can I age them in the cooler instead of using up all my fridge space or would it be too cold ? Thanks
We use a cooler, not the fridge, it’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom