Is it alright to feed my ducks medicated chick feed

What happened to Ming ming?
Well first I thought it was a good idea to set the ducklings up on the counter while I brushed my teeth and ming ming decided to try and fly and I reacted too slow and so ming ming found out she can’t fly but she was totally fine I was really upset about it and I don’t set them up there anymore, then I was walking inside from taking them out and as I set my foot down ming ming ran under and i felt so bad but she just has an extremely small bald spot but their was no bleeding so she’s fine. I feel terrible for her but she’ll make it and it hasn’t affected her as far as I can tell, she still outruns ling ling. There’s no signs of internal bleeding or broken bones and when I stepped on her it was more of her tumbling under my foot

Poor thing you really have to watch out for them little things they can do things to try and kill themselves daily. Glad she is okay .
Now when I walk with them I shuffle my feet and I thought how messy they were when I first got them, I have to clean their cage/hamper twice a day and they go crazy with the news paper but I figured it’s safer for them to eat then the pine shavings

Just keep them off of slippery surfaces. it can cause leg problems

They sure are messy. You'll probably have to change brooder sizes many times before they go outside.
I need to but the only bigger thing I have to put them in at the moment is a dog cage and they can squeeze out of it at the moment and they’ve really picked up on all the food they’re eating

If you buy the larger sized pine shavings (not fine shavings), they don't eat them. They kind of roll it around in their mouth. Then, spit it out. They will pick up lots of things with their bills since it is the only way for them to feel things.
Newspaper can get slippery and it isn't as absorbent. I know there is a nice long thread about not using newspaper. When I had guinea pigs, I was warned about using the colored newspaper as the ink isn't good for them. :confused: I know newspaper or shredded paper in general was the last option I would use as it wasn't as absorbent which made the pen smell worse.

Back
Top Bottom