Is it even worth the money??

Not worth it!!! You would be better off buying a small cooler and looking up the different plans for home made bators. This way your kids could help make it too. That little dome thing used a light bulb with no way to adjust the temp. Jenn

I have heard a *few* good reviews on them, but that's about it.

If you do decide to get it, check ebay first. I think it'd be cheaper there.

Don't waste your money. Those are very disappointing little plastic cups.

Save your pennies. Buy yourself a Hovabator Genesis 1588 with a turner . Everything is preset and it takes the guess work out of temperature adjustments. Plug it in, add eggs and water for humidity and wait 21 days.

One thing about a hovabator. When you decide you are done and ready to get rid of it, if you have taken care of it, you will get a lot more for it than any other.

Hey, for $18, why not try it?
They've been around a long time, so they must do something.
I agree with Jen, though, in the main. If you want to be serious, then get or make a serious incubator.

I have heard they are really cheaply and poorly made...but I have never had one.

My first incubator was borrowed from my County Extension Office where there was a 4H administrator. I just called them up and asked & it was held for me & I went to pick it up. Mine came with a brooder lamp even. I just had to return it when I was done & it was FREE (always nice!) & EASY to do. So perhaps you could call your County Extension or 4H Office??

I also purchased an egg turner at my local feed store as I didn't want to have to turn those eggs manually everyday (afraid I would forget) When they heard it was for a "homeschool project" they gave me a discount. Keep your receipt and you could quickly resell it on EBAY when you are done as "Nearly New~~Used One Time." It will sell for almost what you paid for it, I believe.
smile.png

Just my opinion though!! Have fun & best wishes on your hatching project!
jumpy.gif

I actually had one of these "incubators", i got it off ebay along with 5 bantam eggs. I would not reccomend this to anyone! It is almost impossible to regulate the temperature and to control the humidity, its a cheap toy. save yourself the money, aggrivation and dissapointment.

Back
Top Bottom