Is it fun to be in the snow and ice ?

Quote:
Not true! We have 80 acres and a quarter mile long driveway. I have been known to ummmm....dress for the heat lots of times. Just gotta be careful and listen for the mail lady!
gig.gif

Quote:
Not true! We have 80 acres and a quarter mile long driveway. I have been known to ummmm....dress for the heat lots of times. Just gotta be careful and listen for the mail lady!
gig.gif

The darn Fedex guy has *ALMOST* caught me dressing for the heat!
gig.gif

We had some guys in summer working on a cell tower on the property next door - not sure how far they could see, but lets just say I got a fright when standing out in the back yard and I suddenly heard them!
gig.gif
(Made sure to LOOK the next time I stepped out, dressed for the heat!)

when it's clothing optional I never seem to run out of wardrobe and the wife says it never goes out of style and I agree! I don't like snow,ice and hilly nor uneven ground;all y'all's not being one-legged you might not appreciate that one salient fact?

Quote:
I'm in awe of your avator too. Looks like my kind of place.

Fresh snow is the best time to take pictures of the horses as far as I am concerned. They are like kids the first big storm, snorting and blowing like they have never seen snow before. I never get tired of watching them. Even the old ones are young again for a while.

Quote:
My horse is standing out in the ice rain, and now a little snow coming down, doesn't seem to be bothering her - and she looks like she's smoking each time she breathes out!
gig.gif

I worry about her, don't want her to get too cold, she had a blanket on overnight - and when we took it off - she went to go stand out there in the ice!
The chickens are out as well - they're EATING the ice!

Last edited:
Quote:
OK! I have to know...what exactly is this..."noseeums"? I grew up in TX and I've NEVER heard of such a thing?
hu.gif

Of course, I left TX over 20 years ago so...that's not saying much.
hmm.png

Btw, how come you have noseeums in TexasRandy

Well actually I did not write that, Gritsar did, but I can tell you what a "noseeum" is. Its a little nat as best as I can tell because you cant seem um, Duhh!
big_smile.png

It flies around here especially in the morning before 10 Am and will make you hate life if you are wearing shorts and short sleeves. You can't see it you just feel it bite, then it itches like a son of a gun! and if you get bit by two or more you will be makin a bee line for the house to get something on it before you scratch yourself to death! Makes mosquitos seem like a kiss on the neck! May not be anywhere else in Texas but there are plenty here.​

We have noseeums up here to. They just don't bite. If you get them mad
they call their lawyer.

They like to fly around and drive you crazy. Land in your ears, eyes, mouth..

We do get skeeters and the occasional green flies. I hate those.

The last snow we had here was in 2000. We got about 5 inches, around the first part of the yr. Doesn't happen very often here. Beautiful!!! My Dh & I were like kids,lol. We went to the Ouachita River & slid down the leeve...loads of fun,almost landed in the water!!

verthandi, that's a beautiful pic.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom