Is it just me?

That's just it. I NEVER block ads on BYC, pretty much to support the site - but, primarily, because I'm waiting for something to appear on one of these machines, here, in order to replicate other members problems - almost always associated with a specific ad/series of ads. And, I prefer the layout of the forum itself, with ads on. Not all users have problems. Those problems not associated with some hardware/OS are badly written ads/variable speed of loading of ads downstream from server (network).

Hitting "strict" guidelines this week, looks like purest slovenliness the following; back-in-the-day one could make a few bucks beta testing, everyone having since been drafted into performing beta testing - and I don't see this ending for a number of years (don't blame me, I was perfectly happy on an ANSI compliant BBS/Usenet).
You could start a thread requesting such. However, anyone who wants to donate can do so at present by creating an account in the BYC Store and sponsoring any member(s) who one finds particularly knowledgeable, kind, supportive, etc.. Tip-o-the-hat to the member & donation to the site (More "targeted" in utility than "here's something for the general fund").
I'm dumb some days. Sounds too complicated.

That's just it. I NEVER block ads on BYC, pretty much to support the site - but, primarily, because I'm waiting for something to appear on one of these machines, here, in order to replicate other members problems - almost always associated with a specific ad/series of ads. And, I prefer the layout of the forum itself, with ads on. Not all users have problems. Those problems not associated with some hardware/OS are badly written ads/variable speed of loading of ads downstream from server (network).

Hitting "strict" guidelines this week, looks like purest slovenliness the following; back-in-the-day one could make a few bucks beta testing, everyone having since been drafted into performing beta testing - and I don't see this ending for a number of years (don't blame me, I was perfectly happy on an ANSI compliant BBS/Usenet).

You could start a thread requesting such. However, anyone who wants to donate can do so at present by creating an account in the BYC Store and sponsoring any member(s) who one finds particularly knowledgeable, kind, supportive, etc.. Tip-o-the-hat to the member

I'm dumb some days. Sounds too complicated.

Takes all of three minutes, and doesn't require any installation of software :) http://www.coopedup.net/buy/

Quote: I just want to thank you, Joe, for turning me on to AdBlock. It's improved my browsing tremendously, on a number of websites.
thumbsup.gif

I use Internet Explorer and when U get in this site it freezes up on me and moves so slow that I now only get on this site from my phone.
I have refused to use IE for over 6 years. Even still, it has too many back doors, and other security concerns. My guess is that Edge (Win10) was built because IE was too much trouble to "fix",
I have used FireFox and been happy as a clam at high tide...until they got into a war with Adobe over Flashplayer vs, HTML-5. Now I can't even go to my traffic cam sites without FireFox blocking the Flash videos. Apparently Adobe won't release the secure code to Mozilla so they can provide a viable plug-in for Flash.
So...I switched to Chrome. Didn't like Chrome in the beginning, and still don't like it much, but it lets me visit sites I want, and is a bit faster than FF. One of the things which slows FF down is the redundant security checks it does every time you load a web page. That's good in a way, but can bog things down considerably.
My 2-cents, anyway. FWIW YMMV

Back
Top Bottom