Is it normal to be a nervous wreck?

i'm on day 3 w/my babies from mcmurray. i too was a nervous wreck, still am to some extent. i was so relieved when i walked into the post office & i could hear them peeping. one minute i think i've got things covered, the next, i'm questioning myself. i'm just glad they're doing so well.

Normal. Before I ever got chicks I did a lot of research and had many ideas of what could go wrong, few about all of the things that go so right all on their own. Relax, take it easy, learn how to 'read' your chicks and the'yll let you know what they need, if anything other than heat, food and water.

all of the things that go so right all on their own.

You hit the nail on the head and I agree wholeheartedly. Chickens in general are so resilient. Things just keep going right for many, many chickens. The deck seems to be really stacked in their favor, but I didn't understand that until after I'd had chickens for a while.

But I still get all a flutter when I have chicks coming in the mail.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I am much calmer now. I still have a few worries about keeping the the heat right but I guess it will just have to be trial and error. I'm getting more and more excited about them arriving again!
wee.gif

I appreciate your thread about this. I have my first chicks arriving from McMurray next week and am feeling the same anxiety. I am looking forward to it, but will be happy when I have some experience under my belt like the great people who post on this forum. I have learned a ton here! I am getting Barred Rocks, B.O.s, R.I.R. and Red Stars.

Back
Top Bottom