1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Is It Ok to Add Ice to.....

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Keeperoflock, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Keeperoflock

Keeperoflock Songster

Mar 10, 2018
    Central Indiana
    …. water that has Corid in it? I'm on day 2 of treating for coccidiosis. The weather is about to heat up BIG time. I have never had to treat for coccidiosis before.

My chickens are 3 months and 2 weeks old. I make up a new batch of Corid water every day.

Thank you for your help!

2. Hamiam

Hamiam Crowing

May 8, 2017
    Cottondale, Texas
    My Coop
    I think it’s fine. Better cold than hot because chickens won’t drink it if it’s too hot. To prevent dilution of the medication dose, I would freeze a bottle of water & place it inside the waterer like a big ice cube then mid day, you could just remove the thawed bottle to be refrozen & put in another frozen bottle of water.

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Free Ranging

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    X2
    It shouldn't affect the effectiveness of the Corid.
    I do what @Hamiam does by freezing water bottles to float in footbaths and water founts. That creates cool water, not ice water.
    A poultry nutritionist I spoke to warned not to use ice in water because it can constrict the capillaries on a hot day.

Hamiam likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by